FCP X Free 90 day trial

For anyone with a mac looking to try out some editing software Apple are offering a 90 day trial for Final Cut Pro X. I’ve used this as well as Premiere Pro over the years and while it’d different to most other editing software, it definitely has it’s advantages.

I haven’t read the t’s & c’s but looks like it’s open to anyone.

4 Likes

Definitely recommend both. They do a good job of being super powerful while at the same time not being overwhelming with noobs transitioning from iMovie and GarageBand

There’s only a few things I would use Adobe Premier for, and after becoming more acquainted with Final Cut, it seems to have parallel features

1 Like

IN ADDITION, if you complete the 90-day trial and find you want to purchase the software for yourself, there’s a very cheap and very legit option for purchasing not only Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro, but also Motion (Apple’s version of Adobe After Effects), Compressor (a super-useful video and audio file converter), and MainStage (helpful for live music performances). It’s called the Pro Apps Bundle for Education, and it allows you to purchase $600 worth of software for only $200.

I know, it sounds a bit too good to be true, and I know that it says “for Education” in the title. However, when I bought this I never had to enter in any proof of educational status. I even talked to an Apple employee virtually and they told me I didn’t require it.

So if you’re wanting to take your video and audio workflow to the next level and you own a Mac, I do suggest trying the software with the 90-day trial first, seeing if you like it, and then if you do like it, purchasing the bundle: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/product/BMGE2Z/A/pro-apps-bundle-for-education

@agent89 That’s how I was able to get it - it’s an incredible deal!

1 Like

I’m not even going to try it out because I know I won’t have money to buy it. Ignorance is bliss :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lmfaoo… I already have the software :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Purchased it already

Luuucky. Is it a one time fee or monthly?

1 Like

its a one time fee. but its like 200-300 dollars

1 Like

Oh cool! Maybe some day I’ll be able to afford that lol.

1 Like

my friend has it and its pretty cool

1 Like

Yeah I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. Right now I’m using Resolve because it’s free but it’s really glitchy.

1 Like

now I just need to buy a mac

3 Likes

Nice share, thank you!

1 Like

Life-time :hot_face: school connect :handshake:

2 Likes

That’s awesome man.

1 Like