Favourite new thing from the TikTok influx

I know that a lot of us have been really stressed and scared, but there’s also some good to come from this. I know some of the “new kids” are also kind of scared by us and our response.
So, time for some genuine positivity- what’s something they’ve brought with them that you really are enjoying?

Previously to now, I wasn’t even aware the cottage core was a thing. And I have to say, I ADORE it. Not so much the fashion sense, but the fact that it’s WLW heavy, that it includes soothing nature, antiques and baking…it’s all right up my alley.

9 Likes

cottagecore is super cute! I’ve never been on tiktok so I had no idea there were all these little niche corners and communities. I just thought it was cringe dancing and horny teens.

I love their energy! I’ve managed to blow some minds with a perfect loop, which feels really cool and special as it was such an important part of my vine experience. see, us old folk aren’t so useless after all!

8 Likes

r- :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: r- :crazy_face: r- :heart_eyes: roll :spider: up :arrow_up:to the :footprints: party :red_car: with :pray: my​:foot:crazy :crazy_face: pink :ribbon: wig :woman_red_haired:

4 Likes

god yep this song’s been stuck in my head for the last 24h :woozy_face:

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCYWAvuULA This is the one I’ve got stuck into my head. It’s actually a total vibe. love it.

there seems to be a lot of really refreshing and brilliant humour coming from the recent influx which is brilliant but its also just great to see new people embarking on the adventure with us!

3 Likes

ugh, i love y’all. i know a lot of us gen z’ers can be really mean even when we’re joking, but i really appreciate you guys always finding the positivity in things.

4 Likes

They’ve made byte update us on what’s going on bts. Nothing else so far has piqued my interest tbh :man_shrugging:

I’m personally excited to have some new blood on this app. Just please :pleading_face::point_right:t2::point_left:t2: Don’t make me cry.

1 Like

I’m sure that as things shake out and we all adjust, you’ll find more

For sure!

I’m not looking, I have my peers and they’re not children :sweat_smile:

I’m a 25 year old grown woman with two jobs, and full time college. If somebody creates good content or has good ideas, I’m not going to ignore it just because they’re not my peer.

Also, some of these gen z folks coming over are 18-23.

2 Likes

:clap: THE :clap: NEW :clap: ART :clap:

The talent some of these kids have completely blows me away! Their voices and styles are so clear at such a young age! Can’t wait to watch them grow and get even better. It’s wild.

7 Likes

I’m glad you’re doing better than yesterday.
I know there was some cruelty directed at you.

And I agree!

1 Like

Thank you very much. It got a little hairy and it hurt so badly to see some creators you care so deeply for get piled on. But in a lot of ways it was the kick I needed.

2 Likes

the amount of new creativity, humour and art coming through is absolutely amazing but also the sense of being part of something bigger and actively growing is an amazing feeling and its really nice to be able to look back and see how far we have came as a community and equally how far development and progress has come from when i first joined

its all really overwhelming and awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

these influx folx are really really mean at times but also really funny too. pretty much anything of mine that has been spotlighted in the past is getting raked over the coals lol. they really told me “y’all can have facebook” and “MOM AND dAd I MurDeReD the family DOG” lmao

3 Likes

(I’m one of the newer byters from tik tok)

Is there a cosplay/anime section of the app??, I do enjoy some of the content that you millennials make I just was wondering if there’s a cosplay/anime side cus I found the kpop and alt side already :eye::tongue::eye:

1 Like

There’s now a cosplay tag, and there was one originally but it went away for a while. It was mainly filled with fur suits originally (nothing wrong with it, to be clear, just not the type of cosplay I’m interested in so I didn’t look into it.)