Favorite Flash Game?

For those of you who don’t already know, as of December of this year Adobe will no longer be providing support for flash player. (This doesn’t mean flash player will be deleted in December, it means flash will get buggier and buggier until it stops working because no one will be fixing the bugs anymore)

Today while feeling nostalgic and rummaging the internet for some of my old favorite flash games I came across this article which talks about a project called Flashpoint which aims to preserve all flash games before Flash player’s demise makes them obsolete. Read the article here: https://www.wired.com/story/flash-games-digital-preservation-flashpoint/

Highlights:

• The Flashpoint project has so far preserved 38,000 games

• The games will all be playable offline to protect against any future changes in internet technology interfering with gameplay

• All of the games will be available in torrent form for free

(So to the folks who interacted with this post: Adobe Flash Gone in 2020, there is hope! )

In celebration of this positive news, let’s reminisce shall we? :slight_smile: What were/are some of your favorite flash based games (whether on AddictingGames, Newgrounds, or elsewhere)?

My personal top five were: Fancy Pants Adventure (1 and 2), Line Rider, literally any Orsinal game, Bloons, and this game called Secret Life that I swear existed on AddictingGames but is absolutely impossible to find.

9 Likes

Yess Fancypants! My favorites include any roiworld dress up/makeover games from the late 2000s. Those games gave my my love for sparkling things because they all had at least one shiny lipstick & a bunch of sparkly eyes :aww: Save the Sheriff & Aqua maze (I think that’s what it’s called, it’s a fish that goes through a bunch of sand and moves an orb to the end goal :thinking: ) are also my favorites!

3 Likes

Run 2 was my go to!

3 Likes

Burrito Bison doesn’t get enough love

4 Likes

So many, flash games are still a big part of my life lol

4 Likes

YES! Line rider!

Uhh, Happy wheels too!

I didn’t know that it would get deleted… let’s just hope no more random bugs happen

3 Likes

Papa Louie games were my go to back then XD

1 Like

I had so many. Gosh, it sure sucks that google is getting rid of Flash.
I loved that Zack and Cody hotel game image

3 Likes

Ahhhh quality :ok_hand::ok_hand:

I played pawn tactics and was a top 10 player in the world lol. There’s so many games that I loved that I can’t even remember, it makes me sad

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone is going to know what I’m talking about but I played anti:idle for like… 3 or 4 years straight

1 Like

I loved spooky escape room games! I haven’t played one in like 10 years though.

1 Like

MovieStarPlanet :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Didn’t know of it but I’m playing it now and there is A Lot going on in this little section of screen. It’s a very cute setup! And I can imagine spending a lot of time just learning all the in and outs.

I looked this up and for some reason the first result was a French version so now I’m on it and playing some game where you alternately questions/judge other’s answers in French (which I don’t speak) and for some reason people are giving me points?

Anyway I used to play some games like this back in the day, thanks for the nostalgia trip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mario kart 3d. Basically Mario kart but Mario is in a shopping cart​:eye::lips::eye:

1 Like

Ya it started as one screen and got a little out of control. I never did so much math to optimize a game before.

I saw that you liked bloons too which is a classic but my god that got crazy when they transitioned to microtransaction models too. That game bloo up

1 Like

That sounds Very Quality :ok_hand::ok_hand:

thankful I didn’t stick around for the monetization of that game. Nothing kills a game’s charm faster than microtransactions.

All I read was the title so here is my favorite flash game

Sega 1993 I hope this helps

3 Likes