"Fandom" video communities (with concept images)

Considering the app is literally dedicated to creating video communities I thought this could be cool!

so lemme explain what’s going on in these images

pic 1
starting on your home screen pic a “starter community” (I chose gaming as you see)
pic 2
Here you could see highlights of all the smaller communities that reside within each “starter communities” but if you want to see something more specific you can search for it within the channel
pic 3
here you can see that you can really get into finding people, hashtags and communities
pic 4
after you type in what you’re looking for you can do one of 2 things select the one that you’re looking for or create one if it doesn’t exist
pic 5
as you can see in this pic the look exactly like any other channel just this one is niche specific
pic 6
if you do chose to follow a fandom it will appear on your (now customizable) explore page

so yeah any thoughts? what do you think? I think this could be a great way to still have super niche categories without cluttering everyones explore page and make it the way you want it to be

note: please ignore the yellow wiggle I clicked save then noticed the mistake :woozy_face:

edit: I forgot to mention, there should also be a way to report a community as well in case a channel thats main purpose is tho cause harm can be looked into and decided if it should be deleted or kept

13 Likes

My question is what about small communities that don’t fit into a larger community?

1 Like

exemple?

Skating doesn’t fit into any channel currently available

ahhh yeah so the way I would see it is the “starter communities” on our current explore page should be covering a broad spectrum of topics so for skating there should be a sport channel then within that you could make a skating one (rn the niche specific one are kinda on the main explore page so like 100gecs and hairy styles could go under music and cats, dogs and frogs could go under animals stuff like that)

3 Likes

I will love Byte communities to create their own communities.

2 Likes

if there was a limit to how many can be made (by each user), or a limit to how long each smaller community is aavailable this could be cool. only issue i see is a whole bunch of rando smaller communities floating around completely barren, or floaded w/ bytes that would be hard to moderate.

1 Like

yeah id say you can join unlimited communities that already exists then maybe a 2 channel creation per user also if you were to create one you would probably need to be the mod for it but you should be able to pass the job to someone else (they must accept obviously) or and more. Something like that cause i thought the same thing

1 Like

Yasss! I tweeted an /animalcrossing channel at their twitter and they liked the tweet so maybe its coming!? I really hope so!

1 Like

maybe they implement like a post threshold that it has to reach? so like if X amount of people use the hashtag for it or something, they can turn it into a community page

2 Likes

ngl that’s why i chose it for as exemple :joy:(plus i want it back cause i was in the animal crossing channel test)

1 Like

yeah cause some of the animal crossing content could fall into gaming, but some of the art people are making for it does not

1 Like

Maybe stars could finally serve a purpose

3 Likes

yeah I’m really excited to see when stars can be used and what they would be used for -this could be a good use

2 Likes

yeah idk how many people i replied to on Byte asking what they were

You should have to buy a new community with stars to prevent people from spam making them instead of limiting it to an exact number

3 Likes

YEEEESS I agree cause I really believe people should be able to make as many as they want but also not spam and abuse the feature

1 Like

i was thinking if you had a certain amount of stars, instead of buying them (removing those stars), you were able to create a smaller community at certain star milestones (50, 100, 150, 300).

4 Likes

True that’s why I thought of this. This way you can get really specific with what content you want to watch without the explore page getting filled with stuff you’re not gonna use

1 Like

( ˘ ³˘):heart:

1 Like