Extra info on profile

This was a while ago but I Remeber screenshots that were shared of the user profile were it had info like favourite book and astrology signs and stuff. Is that still happening ? Would be great to be able to see who follows you aswell

10 Likes

most likely still happening!

i’m personally excited to add my zodiac sign :eyes:

8 Likes

As a temporary hack try and drop one of these in your bio

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

These are just unicode characters, so they should work almost anywhere :+1:

8 Likes

It would be really cool if we could link our other social media platforms like YT or IG

6 Likes

we can link they are still working on it

4 Likes

You can write out the link but you can’t have an icon like TikTok does. I’m also on android, so idk if it’s different on iOS

3 Likes

“unicode characters”

hey now d-don’t open pandora’s box let’s just call them emoji and be done w it

4 Likes

yep, we’re still working on that!

11 Likes

dom i promise to never do anything bad with unicode

5 Likes

Hey man just downloaded the app and I gotta say, it’s a lot more fun and easy to use than TikTok, good job! I’m just wondering if you’ve talked anywhere about the algo/how to works? I’m used to using #'s & SEO, but most videos have nothing on them. Is this purely chronological?

2 Likes

Yes, to elaborate on it a bit, what I like about the YT and IG buttons you can get on your profile on TT, is that you have to authorize the integration to add them, and it helps, it really does. I mean, you can tell if this or that profile is legit, and not just impersonating someone. That’s a feature you can’t replace by just posting your links in the bio.

2 Likes

would love to see the pronouns section i remember seeing in early profile concept artwork

6 Likes

Using some of that profile parameters when you search for other byters could on one hand cause problems like stalking or some other creepy stuff, but on the other hand it could help find content and creators you can relate to, help make more collabs. I don’t know, just a thought.

2 Likes