EPIC Feature to Add: “video tag”

Raw thoughts (unedited): have a separate tab on users profiles on what upload was tagged linked to the tagged tab (similar to Instagram tag) this is separate from mention/caption. it’ll be easy to keep a tab of future collabs or trends linked to the creators’ profile tag tab.

Pros:

• tagging boosts engagement / discovery / exposure
  • collabs will be discovered and alternative to rebyte
  • the caption will be clean and simple

Cons:

• gets spammy and others may go overboard (we have the toggle off option)
  • many may tag many people which can potentially be misleading, but have a limit?

Option Tagging:

• have an option for “Anyone can tag the creator”
  • have an option for “only people you follow can tag you”

Toggle On/Off:

• have an option to toggle on if wants to op-in
  • have an option to toggle off if wants to op-out (e.g. spam tag and misleading)

also, can remove the tag if the video is misleading, etc

overall, you can choose whether or not videos you’ve been tagged in appear on your profile tag tab.

feedbacks? thoughts? opinion? :slightly_smiling_face:

implement this idea or no? :upside_down_face:

cc @dom

6 Likes

I think this idea is brilliant :bulb:! I can see a lot of benefit from it :+1:t5:.

3 Likes

I like it

stonks_meme_1254

3 Likes

Hopefully they consider :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Aye :rocket::love_you_gesture:t4::chart_with_upwards_trend:

3 Likes

I’m with everyone! This is brilliant! :clap:t3::clap:t3::yellow_heart::clap:t3::clap:t3:

3 Likes

Appreciate you :love_you_gesture:t4::fire:

1 Like

Bumping since I think this could be a nice idea to help with collabs, trends, etc

I dont think it’d be an alternative to rebytes since people can still do that to put the video out there, but it’d definitely help fans of a certain user see and discover others who have collabed with em. And im sure the cons can be worked around with certain filters or limitations, etc. (for example, the options and toggling features you added, or the option to accept a tag from someone)

4 Likes