Engagement low

With the new update the engagement has been lower. But it’s been great because traffic has been more organic. People are actually watching bytes and leaving comments related to the byte ! I’m super excited to see what’s to come !

29 Likes

Always keep in mind, engagement is something you get by marketing yourself. sharing your byte profile link on other social media platforms & around to friends/family will grow your engagement.

9 Likes

Average used to be 300 - 400+ likes now it’s 100 - 200+ likes with extra comments :sob:

16 Likes

Don’t worry… we all have our own fans… like us! It will be ok. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Loving the new algorithm… especially how ppl find my old videos

12 Likes

I agree, I think I prefer the new algorithm - least we know it’s not spam likes

12 Likes

So I agree that we are getting more steady engagement, and I love that. The loops to like ratio has kinda changed too, with a higher number of likes per loop. But conversely if I’m getting less loops does that mean my Byte is being exposed to less people?

And to that I say I don’t care because I love this organic growth and the new algorithm. But just some food for thought!

10 Likes

You guys get likes ??? We don’t :thinking::grin:

6 Likes

I’ve actually been getting more likes than I normally do. It’s interesting to hear that engagement has been low for others.

14 Likes

I’m having the same experience. Numbers are going up.

6 Likes

My videos for engagement has been very low since it’s release!

4 Likes

I have seen less engagement too but I am working on new ideas to improve upon myself and work on ways to make more quality bytes while balancing a YouTube schedule. To me perfection in quality is first!

4 Likes

Engagements has been mixed for me. I’ll get high engagements during specific times of the day.

7 Likes

I definitely enjoy more comments than likes. Especially if the comments are meaningful/more interactive

5 Likes

With zen mode being the default for your mix, people can’t leave comments. I had someone go to my profile and find the video he liked just to comment on it and tell me that. I would love a change to zen mode to enable you to comment on the video.

12 Likes

Comment’s are the best source of engagement with fans, that’s why I love them.

4 Likes

Just tap the screen then you can leave a comment and (and also see likes still)

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s still there Orange. You just have to tap the video and it pops up the comments.:slight_smile:

9 Likes

Ah you’re right! Thanks for telling me.

1 Like