Engagement drop?

okay so i’ve seen some people talk about , all of a sudden getting less likes and such , but my views are still great , 5k-6k a vid but the likes have dropped dramatically and it isn’t just my content i have seen many creators say this , so why if are views are still there ? Was the other likes really filtered with a handful of bots ? Or is my content just shit lmao like at this point , i don’t understand at all

9 Likes

engagement drop has stemmed from many factors, but the two most prominent ones are removal of bots and decrease in activity.

11 Likes

as for views, they come in the form of loops.

one view = one loop

so if someone were to watch a byte 3 times, it would add on as 3 loops.

13 Likes

I’m fine with my loops, I get a lot of loops but not a lot likes, my comment section is good also. My page is active then never before and also I barely gain followers, probably 10 - 15 on average. Keep posting and be consistent and engage to help build up your page.

11 Likes

Ya I do okay, better every post really. I’d say I gain like 20% on each factor each day.

4 Likes

True.

3 Likes

keep postin, the right people will follow you and like your stuff :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining this @annam!

3 Likes

True :rocket:

4 Likes

appreciate it boys , and yea mines the opposite tbh i get a shit ton of followers an like i said my views are good it’s just the likes aren’t there , then again some people will die laughing at your shit and not like so that’s just normal i guess

3 Likes

Yea I experience the same thing, like I feel my account is falling off, but I mean I’m still going to be posting regardless but I don’t really get the same amount of views, likes or comments anymore like i used to. I rarely gain followers so maybe it just the content I am posting …I don’t really know but it’s whatever sometimes it be like that but it’s not going to affect me because i am still going to post even if only 2 people see it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I could feel engagement slipping then all of a sudden I had my most successful post by far! Hard to predict how well things are going to do

2 Likes

My last post got 350 likes and I tend to get 1k - 2k likes :rofl:

2 Likes

Something…weirds going on

you said it , also might i add , 2.3k coming from 0 , not telling anyone hey, check me out or promoting , on another following base which some creators luckily already had .

1 Like

After calculating some popular byters engagement rate, their engagement decreased to 65% and that’s a huge percentage. Hopefully after the new update the engagement increase

1 Like

You also have to take into account that every new thing always drops in users, imagine a brand new store opening up near you, the first day they probably have a party and/or give out things and at that time the store is jam packed. Then as time goes on you don’t really see that many people constantly going there even though at the end of the day it might’ve been thousands of visitors but they only pop in sporadically.

Another factor is also the massive tiktok app which is in a way competition to byte that is already well established. So naturally engagement will drop but I am hopeful that with sponsors and old viners promoting byte that it will increase in popularity or with people making compilations on various sites etc.

1 Like