Encouragement

Going to be honest here, I had a blast when byte first came out!! But lately, I’ve just not been feeling the incentive to create any new bytes…maybe its the climate in today’s world idk. Anyone else experiencing this or am I just solo here? :laughing:
If you have any words of encouragement please drop them down below because I may not be the only one who needs to read them! :smile:

8 Likes

It’s always hard coming up with new content everyday, so I don’t blame you for feeling unmotivated to post. Sometimes a little break helps u get more creative when you come back on the app :upside_down_face: Also talking to other creators from the app really helps out :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Seems to be a common theme among many creators.

Here’s my approach:

1. don’t over release in a huge batch- space them out - we only release once per day but we have many in the pipeline (20+)
  2. watch the trends and what works on the platform and play that to ur strength that works for ur channel.

As a side note, I run many marathon races every year, and I know Byte is not a sprint - pace it out cause u will get lows during the process, but it will always reverse and have an upswing.

Good luck and have a bless day, Henry :blush:

11 Likes

For me I have tons of ideas generating in my head every day — I literally have hella content lined up as well as ready to be uploaded. My advice would to find a hobby or watch videos to get inspired sometimes movies help.

Another tip is to reach out to your favorite creator on content who are consistent and seek for advice. Explore your niche and don’t limit em’. I reached out @ByrnesEffect to seek advice and he’s has inspired with creativity randomness :love_you_gesture:t4:

Also what @HenryAndEmma wrote is a great pro tip :zap:

7 Likes

It’s okay. I get into lulls all the time. If you’re going about your day, having a conversation, and something strikes you- write it down. I always do that. Even if the content is too long for a byte, still write it down and you can go through and draw inspiration from it later. My latest byte was taken from something I wrote down a while ago that I had joked about in a class in a long John Mulaney style rant.

Even if you think something funny may not fit into a byte, write it down, it may serve a purpose later

6 Likes

This is good advice. Wish I could have that many prepared in advance.

2 Likes

These are all great tips and words of encouragement.

3 Likes

I mean I post when ever I want, sometimes too much. But when an idea pops into my head I do it. Some of them might not be the best but some of them are hits. If I can’t do it at the time I write it down. I would recommend doing what makes you happy.

3 Likes

It is what works for us in terms of life outside of creating content- u always want to give something to ur channel every day or few days - don’t let it go stagnant. But you don’t want to overwhelm and post too much as well. 1-2 times a day works best for us - recently, we only have been doing once. :blush:

1 Like
Remember

stonks_meme_1254

3 Likes

hahahaha I love coming back to the forum and seeing this lol

This is something I do, as well. Most of the time, if a deluge of posts comes from my profile, it’s because I had a large bout of inspiration and I’m the type of person who, if I sit on an idea for too long, I end up thinking too much about it and ultimately end up talking myself out of the idea, altogether. Were I to sit and wait, a lot of what I’ve grown to love, and have had a lot of positive feedback toward, would not have made it past the flash of inspiration.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

1 Like

I too feel demotivated and low sometimes but the best you can do is to sit and relax and think where all this is going. don’t let “posting everyday” become a burden on you. Sometimes looking at other people’s content helps in feeling good. Don’t make and post videos in some kinda pressure, do it when you feel like posting. and trust me slowly you’ll be on track. I sometimes take a break off of a week or 2.

2 Likes

This is what I do and hopefully it helps you out in the end too!

Whenever something remotely funny happens to you- write that shish down. I have notes and notes of Byte ideas from situations that has happened to me. When I’m down on ideas, I look at them and BAM- I’m good.

Remember to rest when you need to rest. No rest = burned/stressed out. You gotta rest and recoup in order to put your best work out there.

Also- don’t compare success. That just gets you even more frustrated in long run. You’ll eventually get to where you want to be. I’ve learned that when I compare success it can either be the fuel to my fire or can extinguish my desire.

Just be calm, and be you fam. Post when you want- what you want- and that’ll be fine.

2 Likes

This is such a help! It’s so easy to fall into posting because you feel you need to to stay relevant. Thank you and goodluck!

1 Like