Editing Byte by Byte

In terms of editing on a computer what programs do you guys use? I recently got adobe premiere and have been teaching myself bit by bit.

I tried hitfilm I absolutely didn’t like that experience. I tried Davinci as well. The program isn’t stable at all.
My next plan was to try Sony Vegas Pro next but fortunately Premiere has been pretty straight forward.

7 Likes

As I’ve been creating for Byte, I’ve been slowly getting my feet wet in Premiere. It really does seem to click a bit easier than the stuff I’ve tried in the past. You can also sync and edit in Premiere Rush on mobile, so convenient.

5 Likes

I was trained since high school in Adobe Products in general. So I use premier, illustrator, photoshop and audition.

4 Likes

Do you like it? I love that there are so many tutorials.

2 Likes

I had past experiences with photoshop. But sadly didn’t keep up with it.

3 Likes

There is a new feature which makes it wayy easier to crop yourself for thumbnails now!

3 Likes

I love it, it’s been the easiest thing for me to pick up among all of the other stuff I’ve tried :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I use Shotcut editor which is free though you can buy more advanced versions. I found it was the easiest for me to learn and it also had all the abilities I wanted in a video editor. Though if I decide to get fancier in the future I’ll probably try something different.

4 Likes

Nothing fancy… iMovie

5 Likes

FCPX if I’m using my Sony a7iii to shoot, otherwise good ol iMovie :wink:

5 Likes

Adobe really did a good job :blush:

2 Likes

How is iMovie?

1 Like

How long have you used it?

1 Like

How long have you used both?

1 Like

Basic, but gets simple edits from mobile shots done. I have my own color presets and sound effects that I like to use in FCPX, though. Much more limited on iMovie

1 Like

So would iMovie be the equivalent of windows movie maker? That old stock program.

1 Like

You could say that. It’s free and has less features than its counterpart Final Cut Pro, which I use for my editing along with Blender for animation.

2 Likes

I have been using iMovie on the iPad, agreed it has less features than Final Cut, I would be interested in trying out some editing apps if anyone has suggestions.

Someone else suggested to me premiere rush and from what ive seen it isn’t bad. Im using premiere on desktop and honestly, its the fasted ive picked up editing. And the commands to do it are rather simple.