Easier way to view all content

I wish there was a way to see older content faster. I know that this layout was how v*ne was but I would love it if you could see some really funny older stuff from people.

@michaelrogers on byte

4 Likes

Maybe liking something shows you that person content as you scroll more? The follow system is weird right now. That could be a way for the app to be intuitive. And maybe people would post more

2 Likes

the ‘your mix’ section shows posts as old as 60 days

2 Likes

I think theyre asking for an easier way of navigating to older content? rather than needing to spend like 10 min scrolling through their page

5 Likes

Yes! Sorry I could have made that more clear.

1 Like

Perhaps the solution to this would be to create a way to view content like in Instagram or Twitter. By default, those apps present a user’s profile content in a condensed view that you can then expand by tapping into the photo or Tweet. So, on Byte, there could be some sort of way to present one’s page in a condensed view (such as a grid, for example), maybe grouping Bytes by month or something. This would allow users to quickly swipe through multitudes of posts at once to get farther back in a user’s post/rebyte history.

4 Likes

That would probably be a good way of going about it! maybe you could add in a way to jump to certain timeframes, +sorting functions (oldest->newest and vice versa, top, trending, etc)

3 Likes

I hope for something like this too! That way the lifespan of content lasts longer instead of being lost v far down ur page! like either a profile overview thing with thumbnails or like a folder system?

2 Likes

I wish I could add some bytes to favourites, and then from time to time go to that favs section and watch a random feed full of them. You know, it’s human, we do feel that way sometimes, nostalgia or something like that. The randomness would save me from too much attachment while still providing some relief.

1 Like

A grid view selection would solve this

thanks for the feedback! we’re adding a grid view to our todo list

10 Likes

ok but leave the current view as the default

3 Likes

Amazing, have it on profiles, 3 wide for vertical would be ideal.

1 Like

Very good point. A grid view bytes grouped by months would be neat, not needed yet, but something I’d love to see.

That’s the greatest idea I’ve heard yet. Keep the overall UI the same to be able to view bytes easily, but on individual profiles, a grid view instead of having to scroll. Kind of like Instagram’s UI!

1 Like