Duplicate Thread Moderation

I see @dom doing a little bit of thread locking here and there but I feel like a good solution to cut down on duplicate threads would be having a moderator reply with the earliest version of the thread of the same topic and lock it. An ideal situation would also be that the locked thread expires after a certain amount of time.
I’m not really familiar with this type of forum but it was just something that crossed my mind especially with the forums opening up completely tomorrow.

5 Likes

Second this. There are too many threads discussing the same things which really takes away from the conversation over all.

3 Likes

Yeah we should just merge the conversations together

2 Likes

@kaden 8 char

2 Likes

I agree with you, especially with tomorrow

2 Likes

tl 4 has the ability to merge topics, unfortunately i don’t

3 Likes

Are you able to close topics?

2 Likes

I think moderators being able to lock a conversation would be helpful in this. So that people don’t keep adding to the duplicate thread, drawing attention away from the original conversation. @dom

2 Likes

they do lock conversations, just tag me and i can get it done :wink:

3 Likes

Also hey before you post something just search to see if it’s been said

@midn8ght this one?

1 Like

No it was like one that i think @kaden had typed out or something. Talking about searching a thread before making one

how do i make my own posts

Here’s details about trust levels and FAQs about the forum in general: Forum FAQ/ Details