Downloaded bytes don’t loop

Hello!

Bytes used to loop three times when downloaded, now they only play once. Is this a permanent update or will the looping feature return for saved bytes?

iOS v0.2.7

Many thanks!

6 Likes

I noticed this as well but I assumed it was intentional but maybe not?

2 Likes

What’s funny is: originally, when it saved with the three-times looping, I got very upset because I only wanted/needed the once-over; now that I’m getting the hang of loops, I’m getting upset because it’s only saving as the once-over. :weary:

3 Likes

The looping downloadable videos are really handy for creating music collabs, as well for posting to IG stories. I hope they can return.

4 Likes

I was talking about this with another user just the other day, and we figured that a future update should give you the option for length - maybe included within the section that pops up, giving you options for posting and all that.

3 Likes

If it could be a preference to switch on or choose from that would be super helpful.

“Save Byte as looping version - Y/N”

4 Likes

Having an option for number of times to loop would be great

6 Likes

I agree. Music collabs especially. I can rarely edit them as smoothly as the app makes them loop.

3 Likes

I was JUST thinking this today after wanting to post a loop of mine from the other day on Instagram. An option to toggle a looping saved video WOULD be very handy :smiley:

5 Likes

Well since most platforms auto loop these days I think the team had that in mind. Don’t quote me because I don’t know the 100% reasoning behind this but it could be to save space on your device and that most platforms auto loop like twitter and instagram etc.

Bumping this!

1 Like

Dom has verified this feature will be returning :+1:

3 Likes

Well, they don’t loop because they are videos. They would be gifs if they looped.

This is what I think