Dom needs to realize the hype for v2 won’t last

this is coming from someone who loves Vine more than anyone i know, as much as it pains me to say it, he needs to realize the interest for v2 won’t be here forever so he stops postponing it for no reason. funding problems? start a gofundme. implement ads into your platform. you have a GIANT audience for this project & instead of engaging it, he’s ignoring it. genius.

2 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s a lot more than that. He has to get in contact with people, work on all then “legal” stuff. I know it sucks that it’s postponed but he’s working at the pace he needs to

8 Likes

I agree with @arlin.

2 Likes

yes but the interest WILL die down. It’s not like he said it’s postponed for a few months, he said indefinitely. we could be waiting years at this point.

2 Likes

True, regardless of if he gets the correct funding, the hype will die down durastically depending on how long he’ll postpone it. The hype could stay or even double if he does something revolutinary with the app, but that would take a lot of creative thinking/a lot of scrolling through these forums, which takes up time.

1 Like

It’s exactly what he wants. He wants the hype to die down.(Just speculation.) Plus, if he wants hype he could get it in an instant again.

1 Like

That’s where you went wrong - he is not postponing it for no reason. I’m sure he’d be glad to upload it right away and get people to start using it, however, he stated that he is going through some legal issues. Moreover, he hasn’t even made a BETA (people testing the app) so he won’t know where to improve the app.

1 Like

This is just my opinion, but the hype dying down might not be a bad thing. When it was over hyped there were so many fake V2 apps, and people were being easily fooled and scammed.
Why? Simply, the hype. If there is too much attention towards the app and a lot of people come with high hopes the mass amount of people who have the set the standards too high, are disappointed that it is not what they thought it was gonna be. This could conclude in a negative backlash, especially, if the legal issues are not taken care of diligently. Patience is a virtue. Although it tears me apart to have to wait longer lets trust Doms choices. Lets also remember he has his own life too, and the fact, no one thought there would be a follow up to vine.

2 Likes

In all honesty the forums were almost the death of the hype there was so much excitement around the new app, but after people saw how long and drawn out development was we all collectively lost interest. It was my understanding when the forums were first opened, that the app was weeks away. We were left in the dark and I think that turned a lot of us off from the general idea. It was fun while it lasted but I would argue that the hype is already dead…

I agree with this completely! I think the hype dying down is good because there was just too much going on. The hype was festering this “instant gratification” vibe which began to bring everything down, albeit understandable!

I think the hype dying is great when it comes to what the app actually is. Many people were looking for Vine but just brought back. V2 was not going to just be vine and I think 99% of people disregarded that fact even though Dom explicitly said V2 would pay homage to vine but was going to be it’s own and different thing.

Although transparency is nice, I think his transparency was clouded under the hype.

Maybe, if anything, he should conclude these transparency tests in a more private format such as inviting 500 + qualified people to the closed beta process and/or creating a private forum where around 100 invited people can discuss the app and share their ideas, comments, etc in a more dedicated fashion vs this free for all approach which is appearing to have more cons then pros

2 Likes

But there’s legal issues too🤔