Does showbiz corrupt your morals and ethics?

Sometimes I look at the way show biz (music, film, tv. social media influencers) operate and I can’t help but think that. Youtube drama is a perfect example where people will literally bad mouth each other just to make more money without verifying the facts on their story, but will do it because of the cash they can make off the story. Music is another example, where a rapper will go to jail, and the controversy around that will actually increase music sales because people will want want to defend him/her. I could go on, but you get the point.

1 Like

It can hurt or change some people but not all. Dumb rappers do dumb things knowing its dumb get arrested and fans defend them but not every celeb is like that. People who defend jake paul terrorising his neighbourhood and logan paul for the body are idiots too. Not everyone goes corrupt though. Some celebrities help out the poor theoughout the world and not do it as a pr stunt with cameras and press ( angelina Jolie) but because they actually care. So yes and no to showbiz corrupting morals.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from. I guess to a certain extent the negative news stories get the most press and that’s what kind of got me feeling that way for a sec. Thanks for putting this in perspective.

Of course media affects us all. It’s something we are interacting 24/7, we can’t just say we are inmune to its influence. And another question, what the heck is morality, nobody really knows it’s so relative…

1 Like

I think stress from your provider can definitely put you in a bad state of mind, and the changes only occur over a matter of time… It’s tough, but if you remember what you want to do and act upon it then you’ll be fine in the end.

1 Like

I don’t think it corrupts you. I think that jobs where vast amounts of fame and money are concerned appeal to people who already have corrupt morals. There are a lot of really good-hearted ones out there.

3 Likes

I see your point. What’s moral in the USA may vary greatly from country to country.

@arf

I think stress from your provider…

My Response:

Never thought of it that way from that perspective. Interesting.

@mason_paper

I don’t think it corrupts…

My Response:

That is true there are some really good ones out there.

1 Like