Does no1 agree?!...AT ALL?! Let’s discuss, not silence

I REALLY hope this app doesnt follow the current trend of silencing opinions and views it or “sheep” users don’t like or agree with…not talking about harassment or threats obviously but overall harmless bullshitting or extreme positions on things. Shutting down important discussions even if you don’t agree will only make those arguments more effective plus obviously freedom of speech is a damn amendment so if you’re operating in the us please abide by it :slight_smile: #okthanksbye

ps. By today’s pc culture “standards” literally 90% of old vine would have been flagged or silenced…#chillbro

1 Like

Nobody will be silenced or unheard.:v:

1 Like

I also mean like how people now are offended by a damn fly fart lol because I was just watching some old comedy vines and bach and other comedians like him used the N word religiously…I don’t have a problem with it, it was hilarious but nowadays u know that shit won’t fly with the pansies of today lol

Everything will be Under control of V2’s Community. Don’t Worry.

2 Likes

Free speech means people can say whatever they want, not that people who hear it aren’t allowed to get upset at it. Just because you can say something doesn’t mean there won’t be repercussions for choosing to say it

2 Likes

Why is the HELL would there be ACTION on something anyone SAID (again not for harassment or serious threats)? That’s completely stupid and ridiculous.

There’s already a pretty good thread going about this topic here:

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing this thread out and yes completely agreee rather laugh to distract from
How shitty the world is than take it so damn literal and serious!

I’m gonna to join the discussion in the political correctness thread how do I delete this one?! Lol such a forum noob extremely cluttered and complicated interface why I never join sites and apps like this! Lol

We just need some good moderators and active people on the app watching and flagging

1 Like

I’m talking about this thread I created but want to delete cannot figure it out ugh I’ll try desktop view

You can’t. There’s no way to do that or to delete account. This thread will only disappear over time if people stop commenting.

1 Like

The first amendment does not mean that private companies have to let you say whatever you want on their platform.

1 Like

We would riot, we are a lovely community #V2Love

1 Like

Then they will have to decide if that policy is worth it or not losing users :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Completely agree, can’t say anything without someone getting offended by the most stupid things

1 Like

Idk to me whenever I hear people whining about free speech, my opinion is always as such:
When using any website or service, you’re at their mercy. Always. Sure you can whine about it being too pc but the site itself has no obligation to accommodate you.

Just my opinion on it though. Also yeah I agree with the earlier comment of sure you can say whatever you want, but remember that you can use your free speech to say whatever “extreme” view you have but other people can equally use that same free speech and fire back at you.

Not saying you specifically do this, but I’ve seen a lot of people who complain about pc culture ruining their free speech but then get angry when others use their free speech to call them out.

3 Likes

Hell no bring it on! Lol as long as what they argue is factual or at least majority proven I’m all for it

I’ve seen some of the comments you’ve made in other threads about this, and it’s pretty clear you are on this “free speech” crusade because you plan to use V2 as a platform to rant about trans people, and you don’t want anyone to complain about it.

I agree that censorship on V2 should be kept to a minimum to let creativity flourish, but then there are people like you who would abuse that and start shit-posting, then claim it was “entertainment.” You will deserve the backlash you get if you start making videos about some of the trash I’ve seen you say here, and that, too, is “free speech.”

2 Likes

100% agree with you.

Free speech is great but in my experience, everyone that whines about their free speech being “restricted” just wants to say stupid things and avoid backlash from it.

1 Like