Do you watch the entirety of a byte before you like it?

Do you watch the whole byte before you like?

• Yes
  • No
  • Only if it’s short

0 voters

I’ve noticed that many of my bytes, especially longer ones, have way more likes than loops :thinking:

(this is not a callout post and I’m not throwing shade, just curious)

11 Likes

Dang I picked the wrong choice again with these polls oof but I do notice myself sometimes liking before watching the whole thing which I’m trying to change

4 Likes

You don’t wanna end up liking something that may be really offensive to others lol

3 Likes

i meant to click yes but here we are

4 Likes

just realized you can fix it so here we are

5 Likes

Omfg you can ayeee

2 Likes

Most times I do. When I’m really tired, I just do whatever

3 Likes

Occasionally I don’t think I’ve finished full bytes if it’s like an artsy loop or music.

3 Likes

Yeah this is the reason why I watch the whole Byte now cuz I don’t want to like something that’s a yikes and then I’m in a pickle cuz they’ll know if I unliked it lol this is why I am empathetic towards people who accidentally like a controversial byte cuz either they didn’t even view the whole thing or they feel stuck and don’t wanna unlike it

5 Likes

A tip: when in doubt, don’t like it lol

4 Likes

Yeah I watch the whole byte but sometimes I’m picky (mostly I watch the entire byte if I recognize the @name; but I’m picky on new @name – just being cautious!)

2 Likes

N- noo FUUUCK! I want to change my Answer…

You can I think

I’ve said time and time again. Don’t watch or support my content unless you genuinely enjoy it.

So I do the same. Only way for us to grow as people and creators is through genuine engagement.

7 Likes

Shouldn’t these polls be anonomous lol… let’s not not be ‘like’ police. we still need to promote engagement, maybe like and comment more, if it’s a mediocre vid find one thing that makes it ok lol and encourage that. Too much critical thinking with likes is a little elitest. As for liking bad taste vids? I hardly see them, sure be careful but still, like more vids encourage engagement, comment do your part. The app is low engagement … more likes please

it depends!
sometimes i like to wait until the end, to see if there’s something worth waiting for and “liking”

but other times when i’m really enjoy something at the first few seconds or before the end, i “like” it before it ends

it really depends on the type of content too imo :blep:

4 Likes

Most of the time, yes.
I do wait halfway through- there’s a few exceptions where I might hit like before the videos over, but I stay to watch the end either way.

2 Likes

If something really makes me laugh or looks/is really cool, I like the Byte before it finishes but I watch each Byte I like (early or not) to completion

5 Likes

I like the byte as soon as it starts playing, then de-like it when it’s finished because I’m a rebel.

5 Likes

we’re changing the loop counting logic soon to remedy this

the first loop will be “free” (more like a view, probably ~2-3 seconds in)

13 Likes