Do you think youtube will die?

With statistics like its revenue is increasing by 40% but its cost are going up 60%, the math dosent mak sense. Google is getting rid of google hangouts eventually as well and it seems like they say all good things come to an end

1 Like

no, because is the only popular social media that you can upload any kind of video, for example a video of 10 hours

12 Likes

I don’t think so. It’s community is thriving and if it actually makes the changes and fixes that everyone’s been requesting, then it can stay that way. It is very versatile and as @3_Mexican_chillis said, it is one of the only social media platforms where you can upload all lengths of videos. As for hangouts, google has actually said that they have no plans to shut it down in the near future.

5 Likes

I feel like it could… But only if another similar site with the same feel and community arises that essentially does everything better than youtube… Personally, I wish youtube would just get fixed because I love it and it’s done so much for me, but whoever’s in charge simply doesn’t want to make changes :man_shrugging: Also, Google is suuuper hungry for information, and because Youtube is the 2nd most used site in the entire internet, I doubt they’d relinquish that power and potential benefit for them.

5 Likes

No if anything it is the future #ByteFam

3 Likes

Well they can’t cut YouTube cold turkey. The amount of lives that would be ruined would be a lot. People drop out of college to make a living from YouTube so if google really were to kill YouTube off…now what? Where would all those creators go? Google would most likely make another streaming service that’s a more improved version of YouTube but they wouldn’t completely get rid of a streaming service imo

5 Likes

I feel like in the next two decades there will be a serious YouTube competitor

3 Likes

changed to youtube & other services :blush:

i don’t think it’ll die. it’s the godfather of video content. you have everything on it, as @joshsouthall said in his recent video

3 Likes

I hope not… I want to keep up with the latest YouTube drama lol.

5 Likes

nope! Youtube is the second largest search engine as well as becoming the biggest alternative to TV.
Even if Youtube is not profitable it’s IRREPLACEABLE.

5 Likes

I really doubt it, its way to big

1 Like

I’ve been wondering this recently. They’re really messing up a lot recently. I mean, they’re trying. I’ll give them that. But true forgiveness relies on how good and proper the next Rewind is. They are trying so hard to be something they’re not. They don’t realize that what makes Youtube what it is, and what it brought it to where it is as well, are the content creators and the viewers. It’s kind of enraging and it also explains why so many people used vine so much. It was the most genuinely funny kind of content that people enjoyed. Because that;s when Youtube started going downhill. Please byte, you couldn’t come sooner.

1 Like

All I know for sure is that YouTube is supposed to be about letting anyone have a shot at building an audience. Now, they’re trying to push the corporate media upon users. Of course it won’t work - people are on YT for a reason. But it’s just more wasted money.

It isn’t going away anytime soon. But its future is not guaranteed. If it goes under, its creators will simply find another platform. It will basically be a big reset, as subscribers will not necessarily follow.

2 Likes

There’s a good chance people will move on to the “next big thing” after YouTube in the future, but I feel YouTube isn’t going anywhere. It’s the second largest search engine and the site alone gets so much traffic that advertisers would pay a lot!

1 Like

Yes people hate the demonezitation and the algorithm for popular and if someone comes in and creates a competitor in the next 5 years it could do some damage.

1 Like

definitely not. It is way too profitable.

1 Like

That’s a negative ghost rider.

Google has invested too much time and money into YouTube to kill it off (right now). Combine that with its popularity and it’s here to stay (for now).
I think @BrendanCescon is right though and a competitor will emerge soon.

2 Likes

You can do that on FB, and IG as well. The way people search on their is different, but people are still using their apps in great numbers

1 Like

For now it won’t but I Remember listening to the CEO of google talk about youtube. He never mentioned the word profit or revenue with Youtube just users. Having billion users is great :+1:t3: but if you cant make a profit it dosen’t matter. We’ll see if things change, but nothing lasts forever

1 Like

:thinking: I think youtube if continues to be unprofitable Google could end up selling it off to some other company that doesnt care about it and that could cause it to die. I dont claim to know everything, but Google seems to be focused more on google assistant and google home pod.

1 Like