Do you think androids will ever exist?

I’ve often thought about this a lot. Especially with google devoloping google assistant I wonder how long it will be before we have humanoid robots.

1 Like

i think so, but it might take a long while or a huge leap in technology to have learning ai with the same capacity and functions as the human brain. there’s still so much we don’t know about the brain, so a total neurological and psychological duplicate would be tough to make, at least for now.

2 Likes

I dont know but Apple will still be the superior brand

4 Likes

that’s so strange, I’m watching iRobot right now :laughing:

1 Like

I thought you were talking about the phone

1 Like

They absolutely will exist. If they don’t exist already.

1 Like

@arf

i think so, but it might take a long while…

My Response:

True. I remember Elon Musk saying super AI would be worse than a nuclear bomb, so it just got me thinking about that

@FatJesusMan

I dont know but Apple will still be the superior brand

My Response:

Feel like Amazon is going to become the next big thing. May not be cool like apple, but they might their own version of the ipod with the smart speakers they’re coming out with

@Marko

that’s so strange, I’m watching iRobot right now :laughing:

My Response:

Will smith was also talking to an AI robot so the movie might be predicting the future :laughing:

@justinnovoa

I thought you were talking about the phone

My Response:

That’s what the robots want you think

@ShawdGawd

They absolutely will exist. If they don’t exist already.

My Response:

Some nerd in his basement is definitely cooking it up as we speak or the military is making the next iron man

1 Like

Japan already has very realistic looking robots, and places like the U.S. and other countries have ongoing projects for greater and greater AI capabilities.

It’s only a matter of time at this point until the first androids come out and the we have Detroit: become human in real life :robot:

1 Like

I think with AI over the next decade it will get advanced enough for simple tasks, but a robot that thinks and behaves like a perosn is still I think at least 3 decades away, but I could be wrong. Detroit become human would be intereting though