Do you pay attention to what's going on in the world?

About three months ago I completely stopped watching the news. I hide all articles and suggested YouTube videos or Instagram posts about it, so I have no idea what’s happened in the world since then. I assume probably a lot of bad things, but I’m easily twice as happy. I’ve been less angry, more focused, more optimistic, and I’ve created way more content.

What do you guys think? Should we stop paying attention to the news and pretend there are no problems in the world if it makes us happier? Or should we sacrifice our happiness just to see what a mess the world is?

5 Likes

That is true in a sense…and liberating

But I just .can’t …be outta the loop bout the latest “tea” and memes :sob:

10 Likes

I think it’s important that we set aside our ignorance to help those in need. Imagine if we were the ones in their position, what would we hope to happen then?
But I guess thas jus good ol’ ignorance is bliss i guess i guess

2 Likes

tbh most mainstream media news is bull anyway. (i’m gonna shut up on that)
you’re not missing much

3 Likes

I mean ur right it’s like which country is the government going to shame for war while at the same time supplying them with weapons

1 Like

I consume it all. Every news outlet. Then I search for scholarly articles (I wish I was joking) and do my own research. And while yes, most news organizations put a “spin” on what they are reporting, some of them are less manipulative in their reporting than others. I won’t go into detail, because it really is boring, but I’m sure most people here can guess which organizations are more trustworthy than others.

And when I say more trustworthy, I don’t mean tells the truth 100% of the time, because they don’t. If they did, we’d realize how fucked most of the world is from a scientific standpoint, and how similar we are from a social one.

Kane out.

5 Likes

I do, but I don’t take it seriously, to be honest, a lot like @Reallyahmed . And I kind of agree to other posts in here, news outlets get really twisted sometimes and it’s a mess.

1 Like

For the past half year I have been on the edge of my anxiety about this subject. It’s really hard for me not to recycle, not to think about population etc, because I know that my kids won’t be able to live in a healthy world, and that I’ll probably die due to the polution. Man we really need to start working harder.

2 Likes

I don’t think that closing our eyes to reality is true happiness. However what we should do is not only read or see negative news, there are also positive things and we shouldn’t ignore them. Also it would be amazing that instead of closing our eyes, opening them in order to try to find a solution to some problems.

1 Like

My parents watch the news a lot so there’s no escape really.

3 Likes

in my religion, we believe that lucifer is the god of this world. so no. i am IN this world but i am not OF this world. what ever happens, happens. nothing we can do about it tbh.

2 Likes

Interesting… What religion do you believe in if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Are you kidding or are you serious?

Wait, hold up. If Lucifer is the god of THIS world and you are NOT of THIS world, just in it, then Lucifer is not your god?

For me, news will always have a forum of biased reporting that can affect how certain people view the news. I personally don’t avoid it altogether, rather I avoid certain types.

4 Likes

I just read stuff on twitter and watch some channels on yt like philip defranco

3 Likes

Yes, honestly most media is biased and I have a hard time getting watching all these hypocrite reporters.

News just slams Trump because he doesn’t believe like they do and spread dissent.
I do NOT support Trump as a person, but he seems to have surrounded himself with people who know what they are doing.

2 Likes

christianity. and people always seem to give me shit for it.

1 Like

did my typing come off as funny?:face_with_monocle: it’s not meant to be a joke. lucifer is NOT my god. i only believe in God/Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

The President of the United States posted this on his instagram yesterday. @BrendanCescon you tryna help me rent a rock to live under? I’m looking for roommates.

2 Likes

I love being aware about what’s going on in the world, so I watch every night the news and read a lot of articles.
But right now in France, tv news are the worse, every Saturdays till Mondays they talk about the “Gilets Jaunes” (Yellow Vest thanks Google Translate) so it’s really boring, and they don’t talk about the other things that’s going on in the world, and that’s pretty sad, because they can talk about 40 minutes about the “Gilets Jaunes” but just 10 minutes of the other things, so that pisse me of. And what I’m seeing on Twitter (about the Gilets Jaunes) it’s like every Saturday, a civil war in Paris :expressionless::expressionless:

3 Likes