Do you have any "Rebytes" that have less than 14 likes?

I have a rebyte with literally 14 likes: It is a Huracan (Lamborghini) that is driving around in the snow. Is it counterintuitive that a 300k plus car driving on snow would only get 14 likes?

My reason for rebyting it was to show to my offline friends that own them. I looked today and was surprised the like number was so small.

4 Likes

How many followers do you have — gimme a rough estimate? I guess the rebyte doesn’t reach all your followers at once :eyes:

3 Likes

I try not to ever look at the follower numbers. I have over 500 followers (I give that number because it is the same plus number given on Linkedin): Bear this in mind: Those 500 followers plus 2.5 and a release from the Corona Virus lockdown in the US will get you a cup of coffee.

I think I feel bad for someone who has a 300,000 car video driving in the snow (I thought that was creative enough) and they post a Byte and this guy named Steven Musielski rebytes him and he does not crack 20 likes for his effort. It is just what I would call highly counterintuitive to what I would have guessed.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I would have thought that would be worth more than 14 likes.

1 Like

1 Like

That is your Byte. I meant someone that YOU REBYTED. I did like it so now you are over 10.

1 Like

Thanks <3

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s because Byte spreads out rebytes or something so rebyte groups arent as effective anymore. Also means rebytes dont reach everyone like if you just posted a byte would.

3 Likes

I don’t have any with less than 14 from what I saw, but I don’t know if all of those likes come from being shared to my timeline.

Rebytes don’t appear to be a very effective sharing method at this point if you’re trying to help something go Byte viral. I used to Revine undiscovered or underrated posts back in the day and if it was a good post my network would occasionally jump in collectively and do it too. It was completely spontaneous and it didn’t matter who it was. I’m pretty sure if I rebyted someone today it wouldn’t result in them gaining much traction, but I suppose this can have positives because it impedes people that only help their peer group from abusing both their timelines and dominating the charts artificially. I do miss helping people out though that were taking their work seriously and just looking for a way into the community.

2 Likes

They made a “nerf” to rebytes that’s probably why