Disney-related content

So, I have a question: my wife and I are planning on making some of our content Disney related. How can we achieve this without DMCA strikes on V2? (I thought I read something about no copyrighted audio, or am I wrong?)

2 Likes

Its a pain. Artistic licenses allow reviews, parodies, and a few other things. You CAN make or post whatever you want, but you CANNOT make money on it. If youre reacting to a disney video, there is a second limit on how long you can use copyrighted material (video/audio), but on v2, 6 seconds is too short for any issues.

Filming on disney propery is prohibited across the board without permission, since its private property, but everyone does it anyways. Its one of those grey areas, but disney has been known to sue regardless because its disney, so I would avoid it all together.

2 Likes

What types of videos did you have in mind? Just Disney themed items should be fine, as long as youre not making $$$

2 Likes

We were planning on going to DL next month and shooting a couple related vids (a couple comedy bits related to getting prepped to go, denying it, and one on site confirming we’re there). We weren’t planning on monetizing anything. We’re just starting out making content. I knew it’d be a hassle from the get-go.

2 Likes

Nothing hurts emailing disney and asking if you can film some vlogs. That’s the best legal option.

3 Likes

We just may do that! I know of a couple YTers that regularly film on property and I think that’s what they did.

2 Likes

I’d recommend staying away from Disney and Taylor Swift type content. Both are aggressive when it comes to using their stuff. I know Taylor Swift has nothing to do with Disney, but both are known to turn on fans and there are many instance of Disney suing fans for using characters and Disney is the reason why creative commons is so jacked up.

2 Likes

That sucks because most people see us as the couple that really likes Disney. Guess we just won’t film at the park then. XD There are other ways to do it without blatant infringement.

1 Like

I do not know much about the copyright on V2, the only thing I know is that it’s going to be with the songs

1 Like

Thats the sad part. A lot of people are innocently doing it without even trying. Hell, youd think Disney would want free advertisement, but it wouldnt hurt to ask.

2 Likes

Asking tomorrow. Will keep y’all posted!

2 Likes

Just make sure if you call, you record it so you have proof! Dont want you to suddenly get famous and then they suddenly want to sue you for 5mil :joy::joy: records, records, records!

2 Likes

If you speed up a song/ distort it you may get past the Content-ID system, but if someone physically sees you using their song that subjects you to copyright

2 Likes

Can’t. :joy: Here in CA unless I tell them I am monitoring and recording (to which they’d probably decline), it is illegal to record someone’s likeness over any form of media without consent.

2 Likes

what happened, just asking lol