Didn’t know about a video that was made from someone else

So I was thinking, What if you make a video but didn’t know someone else made it? Example: I make a (do it for the Byte) video but didn’t know that someone already made it and now they’re mad cause they think I copied them.

9 Likes

You always have to give credit to the originator. So, if you make a themed byte, and someone claims that it is their idea, you first have to look into it and check if they are telling the truth (Check their Bytes and see if they actually made that type of Byte before you), then you can just tell the person that you will credit him/her, and you didn’t meant to straight up copy. It was not intentional. But, nowadays, the line between fair use and copyright infringement is sooo thin.

3 Likes

so it should go by who was the one that posted it first?

4 Likes

yea whoever posted the video first should be the one getting credit. if you didn’t copy them on purpose I think it’s ok, and hopefully that person understands that other people will have the same ideas as them, but you should give credit if you take inspiration from someone

4 Likes

Yea, just tag their ID and put “Inspired by _____” You can not copyright an “Idea.” It has to be an actual Byte.

2 Likes

Honestly, i was thinking the same thing. I think talking to the other creator and figuring something out would be the best thing to do.

2 Likes

some people will copy and not even credit the original creator. Even if the creator reports them and/or comments on the video about them stealing it. I seen it on vines, instagram, Facebook and even YouTube. Not saying I’ll be one of those kind of people

3 Likes