Devs, we're here for you

@dom, @cami_p, and all the other devs of byte:

PLEASE DON’T CRACK UNDER THE PRESSURE OF THIS MADNESS.

I know this is a crazy time period that none of us saw coming. I know you guys are probably trying to accommodate for the new influx of users, but PLEASE, DON’T DO SOMETHING IRRATIONAL AND END UP HURTING THE PLATFORM AND ITS COMMUNITY!

I saw the recent poll and honestly I’m a bit scared. I know you guys want to get the best recommendations from the new users, but PLEASE remember us. Remember the OG beta testers. Remember those who joined at public release and have stuck around for about half a year now.
Please don’t feel like you need to cater to every single one of these new users’ preferences.

Remember, WE ARE STILL HERE. This community is STILL HERE.
I know we’ve gone through a lot of growing pains over the past several months, but we’re still in this together.

If you need advice on how to handle this, we’ve got a lot of really smart and logical brains in this community and I’m sure we can figure something out together.

But please, whatever you do, don’t do anything irrational that makes the community ends up losing your trust.
I love this platform, and I don’t want to see it lose its values of community and creativity.

Sincerely,
an insecure boi
J.Key (Jake Logan)

17 Likes

it gets overwhelming with the amount of pressure from the newcomers and i, to, am here for em’ as well. sending positive vibes towards em’ :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I was hoping I wasn’t the only one who saw that poll and thought this. Now departing “Creativity First.” Next stop…“TikTok 2.0.”

2 Likes