Degrade in video quality

Hey what’s going on fellow Byters?! I just wanted to see if any of you were having a similar problem that I’ve come across. I film on my phone in 4k, 30fps, and the video quality shows how its supposed to until I go to post the content on Byte. It becomes severely degraded. Has anyone come across a fix for this??
Let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For now they could be doing this because server issues right now but if not then it could be other things. Did you try clearing your apps cache?

I have not tried clearing the cache because I really haven’t done much in the app thus far. I’m also wondering if the 4k video is throwing Byte off. The quality becomes degraded to less than 1080p…

1 Like

could be… I think the app only supports 1080p full hd don’t quote me on that but that’s what I think I have heard before.

1 Like

ahhh I hope that’s not the case :frowning_face: Thank you for your thoughts!

1 Like

I believe this might be the case sadly… Again could be wrong and this might have changed but I see his point especially in a time like now we gotta make sure the app stays running smoothly.

1 Like

Yikes I use an android as well :// Thank you for this information! Do you post on byte, I’m willing to give a follow since you seem like you’re a great part of the community!

yeah definetly! My username is just the same as my forum name!

1 Like