Dealing With Classmates

Should I tell my classmates right off the bat that I’m a creator on V2, or should I keep everyone in the dark and wait until I get famous enough to the point where somebody from school sees it by chance? I feel like it would be awesome if suddenly the school suddenly found out that I was big, and if I tell my friends right away I run the risk of becoming a schoolwide meme:joy:. Thoughts?

6 Likes

I’d say let them find out, it might be weird to go around telling people your making V2’s

3 Likes

When i was a youtuber i was like you with the same problem, my best advice is that you let time pass soon or later they will discover you

5 Likes

I’d say let them find out for themselves. It’d be a super fun surprise

5 Likes

Let them find out for themselves!!

2 Likes

If people find out let it happen naturally, I doubt people will enjoy you saying “Hey I’m a v2 creator” :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah ik :joy:. It would be fun having a secret hobby though and having nobody know about it, and then suddenly everybody knows how famous I am. Probably won’t happen but fun to think about.

4 Likes

You’re gonna bring to life those movie scenes where you’re walking down the hall and people start whispering loud enough for you to hear “Oh my god that’s him” before they break out in applause

4 Likes

Yes haha.:joy: There was a youtuber who had 200,000+ subs that went to my school last year. That was cool. There are these sisters in the grade above me who had 40,000 followers on Vine. That was cool too but vine got killed. I’m determined to the the next big thing at my school.

4 Likes

I second this tho

1 Like

When making my old YouTube channel I did keep it a secret for a while, but when people found out they were mostly chill with it. Sometimes they’d even talk about appreciating my stuff which made me really happy (very nice people).
Some people unfortunately do sometimes use it to stab me in the back occasionally though, but that is nothing compared to the support I got.
I’d be discrete about it at first, but if you want to share your stuff then don’t be afraid to do so!

2 Likes

Yeah, let them find out on their own. When you shoot up like a star, trust me, they’ll know who you are. But, remain humble. :wink:

2 Likes

what so wrong with close people finding out you are creator, we create because we love to create, plus you will be gaining more followers if they find out haha :joy:

Although this is just a personal preference, I’d rather wait and let people find out for themselves to have a more dramatic effect as well as prevent general prejudice

2 Likes