Customizable Push Notifications

I think we should be able to customize what kinds of push notifications we get on our phones from the app.

At the moment, we can only either turn notifications off completely or leave them all on. So if someone wanted to only get push notifications for new posts, or a mention, they would also have to be flooded with comment, follow, and like notifications.

This feature would give us the option to turn on or off certain types of notifications instead of just all of them. So far, the types of notifications we have are follows, likes, comments, rebytes, mentions, and post notifications. This feature would allow users, for example, to turn off everything except mentions, or have only comments and mentions on. Basically, it would give users control over what they are notified of.

While mentionting notifications, some other types of notification that could be useful (to both push notifications and the activity feed):

• Milestones (10k followers, 100k loops or 1k likes (per video or on entire account), etc)
  • When your video is featured in spotlight
  • When your video hits the top (top 3, 5, 10, etc) on a category/hashtag/etc
  • When your comment is liked by the creator of the video you commented under

Also also, group similar notifications?

30 Likes

I honestly agree, I wanna see what “future” updates are soon to come from byte

5 Likes

Here’s the dealio, this is what we should have in terms of sorting notifs
Sorting by only - follows, comments, likes, rebytes.
Milestones - 10k loops on a video etc
By person - Mutual follows, and also by some kind of ‘quality filter’
Aha also please let me turn off individual peoples rebytes :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I agree to the max. I also would like to understand more about the star system on byte like how all that works in the future.

5 Likes

Love this idea.

3 Likes

Updated a lot lol
Bumpity bump

1 Like

so we just bumpin all the good ideas or? :eyes:

2 Likes

might as well start tagging @dom :eyes:

1 Like

tru

1 Like

Faizal has good taste :hugs: I third this bump

1 Like

he do be bumpin the greatest threads

2 Likes

updated a bit

2 Likes

I love the idea of getting the “milestones” notifications even if you don’t have notifications on kinda?

Like no warning :boom: you got featured! :boom:

1 Like

:eye: pls

1 Like

Yes pls I have to turn off notifications for the entire app in my phone settings so I can’t use the notification bell its sad :confused:

1 Like