Criticizing Limited Time

FYI, i’m for the limited time but i believe there are ways to improve for user experience. i was unsure where to post this idea but wanted to expand on the feature. :slightly_smiling_face:

i’m dumping my thoughts below regarding the limited edition suggestions.

-shorten the hrs / days of limited time max 72 hrs / 3 days. (count down helps as well)
-have more than one different limited time theme running at the same time. (2 - 3 max) benefits: creators will have multiple options to select and no clout chasing.
-have an submission option available for creators/viewers’ for future theme requests. (option vote maybe to help select theme)

now i want to hear your thoughts/opinion on ways to improve the limited edition?

7 Likes

I have been living under a rock literally lol can you explain to me what limited edition is?

2 Likes

lul, i meant this – fixed the title

4 Likes

Ohhhh ok! I know what you mean now! lol I thought you meant some super limited edition update coming or something! :joy:

3 Likes

Ye, but what’s your impression/overall experience with the Limited Time Category

3 Likes

I haven’t dug into to much. But overall I think the themes idea is great! Like you said though next time they should put up a poll for votes on whatever the next theme would be.

3 Likes

That would be a great idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree – any feedbacks?:pleading_face::point_right:t4::point_left:t4:
cc @richardskinner

1 Like

it would be good for byte to let people vote on which theme is next.

1 Like

The voting process would be the most interesting part of this, but I am not 100% sure if they’ll consider it. Worth the try in case they need help narrowing down options :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Cool not familiar, sounds good bud!
1f6587ef646ee64b

3 Likes

I think the best plan is to simply have a timer that tells you when the category will expire. That way, if someone wants to post in there, they know what they’re getting into.

11 Likes

I know that’s coming soon, I think this runs for 5 days. (I could be wrong but I want it to be shortened if that makes sense.)

3 Likes

I don’t agree with the 3 days limit, I think it should be a week. Some of us don’t have the option of recording every day, and that would leave us out of categories entirely.

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying it overall. After 2 months of one post a day my idea list is not as large as it used to be. These limited time posts help give me another category I can focus on and feel like I have a decent amount of visibility on.

I wish there was some archive of the limited time somewhere. Mainly cause the category will be gone forever once it’s been done away with and reduce visibility, but overall I think it’s a nice addition.

1 Like

Limited time: begs the question. How limited?

“A countdown timer” - Brilliant.

3 Likes

My idea was to have multiple limited time theme run during 3 days…also, having a count down timer at the top. I’ll say not all themes will be for us… pass / miss there will always be a better opportunity next time.

Since it’s called limited time I concluded that it should be shorten. I know we’re all busy with different schedules etc.

FYI, I think Byte has consider something similar, I’ve seen multiple limited time run throughout this week… unsure how many days it runs and ends

cc @LittleDewDroplets

1 Like

Count down…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Except you are not saying that. This weeks limited categories are not for me, and I know that because I see them and don’t feel comfortable with them. It’s not the same to say that, than to say “I want this to be shorter so your bad if you can’t make it”

A week is a limited time. 5 days is a limited time. Why do we need it to be even less? Some people don’t even open the app every three days.

2 Likes

Agree. I think 3 days has been a little too short. But what I want the most is a timer.

4 Likes