I know a lot of this stuff has been discussed at nauseum, But I don’t see any harm in revisiting the topic.
Let me start by saying I think byte beats is amazing. It’s the feature I never knew I always wanted. I love that it’s made by fellow community members with their own unique musical point of view. It’s perfect way to divert issues with the RIAA. I have two suggestions:
- Volume control, so people can possibly talk in their videos and have the beats be incidental music.
- Maybe one of our talented musicians can craft beats that sound like well known/often used musical interludes Ex: Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.
A week or two ago somebody made a few bytes citing that byte eems to be utilized more as a gallery for creators then a tool for creation. While I am certainly guilty of using outside apps to upload into my account, I may do less uploads w/the implementation of more camera tools.
- A reverse function would be a blast and it’s surprisingly useful (check out @phoolup ‘s uses of it)
- I know it’s always brought up but in-app editing would be a dream.
- One of my favorite features on vine was the ability to clone frames and then change the length of those frames to create a glitch effect.
I am on the fence about floaties, but I think adding titles is a great idea, would work well with in-app editing.
Too many tools can be overwhelming, like TikTok. I feel like too many bells and whistles can be a hindrance. I think these are all simple enough, without being overwhelming.