Creator sounds not looping when used

I’ve noticed that the sound no longer loops when I use a creator’s sound (the original sound loops perfectly), and I’m not sure if this is a global bug or just me. It’s happened multiple times using different creator’s sounds, so I figured this wasn’t an isolated bug. Seems to be happening specifically on uploads, too.

I’ve even made sure the clip I’m uploading exceeds the time of the sound, and it still skips the final beat (sometimes adds a beat, too). I’ve uploaded as an “inserted clip” and using the bottom-right upload button, both with the same amount of luck. Anyone else?? I am on the latest iOS 13 update, unsure if android users are experiencing this.

Example:

Original sound: https://byte.co/b/3i9VQaHEIUE

Use of sound: https://byte.co/b/280vhU2vIFk

**Edit: updated to major bug after additional findings…

4 Likes

Your byte is too long dude, annoyingly you can carry over the length of the original sound when it isn’t a full length byte

Byte naturally clips off any excess video to align with the original sound, so I would think it should just match the original loop. It’s been hit-or-miss… sometimes the perfectly looping sound is maintained when I upload that extra clip to it.

It’s never done that for me :confused: your byte and I’ve seen lots of others like it definitely just seems longer than the original sound to me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hmmm… this is interesting. I’m gonna make a test sound now to check on this issue again

1 Like

I used to think it was a bug that it goes silent on some people’s bytes and then realised they’ve just exceeded the length of the sound. If it’s supposed to cut to the sound then I guess it’s just buggy and unreliable?

That is a bug though, because that doesn’t happen on iOS. I’ve noticed several of your no-uploads STOPPING visually, while the sound continues, then it glitches back to the correct frame. I always chalked that up as an Android bug. That’s a whole different issue though.

My roommate has an android and a lot of my loops are imperfect on his phone, and that statement probably proves your point of what you’ve noticed

1 Like

Wait so does the byte of yours that you’ve linked end sooner than I’ve described for you on ios? And I’m well aware of how buggy my bytes are thank you :rofl::rofl::rofl::sob: I pretend they work fine for ios viewers haha

I remember asking you what voodoo magic you were doing when I noticed the “skips” on your nouploads a while back. I think it’s pretty cool, and really only noticed that on your bytes specifically, which makes it even cooler lol.

The byte I linked about ends quicker than the original sound… makes no sense considering I uploaded a longer video, and you can even DL the byte to see that it’s about 5 seconds longer than what was “uploaded”

I think I actually filmed that byte in-app using the 10-second timer… now that I think about it… and byte naturally clipped off the excess

1 Like

I’m seeing the entire clip. Weird! That’s a bug and a half.

1 Like

I remember that time only half of the data displayed on the screen after I finished filming and it just looked like a mess. Pretty cool mess btw but not good for the video purposes😂

Feel like @dom or any developer may be interested in taking a look at this topic and the bytes/comments between @not_matt and myself. There’s a lot more to this bug report.

1 Like

Agreed. As we keep looking into it, we notice a bit more each time.

@dom @cami_p (or anyone else with the information… mods?) — can you please direct us to the best medium to identify this bug? Email?

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too. For some strange reason when sounds are used, they don’t loop as well as the original video. I honestly thought it was just me.

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Bump

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like