Creativity outside of Byte

Is Byte the only place you create content? Or do you do/make stuff outside of Byte as well? Video Production, play music… cabinetmaking?

Myself I have two affiliated channels on Twitch and I produce a podcast for my local Twitch community. I also had pretty big aspirations for YouTube but that lil project has been on hold for years now. Hoping by making content for Byte I’ll build my confidence in writing and video production.

5 Likes

i uhh… hardly post on byte lol. Recently I’ve been doing some kinda meme video editing, mainly posted on twitter and youtube. Most of it is longer than bytes, so I guess I just keep it all in once place!

3 Likes

Yeah dude, I TikTok.

1 Like

I do stand-up comedy and have a monetized youtube channel. And, as a day job I run my own tour guide company (if anyone is in NYC, I’ll give you a free tour, hit me up) and I consider being a tour guide just as much as a creative outlet as the two other things even though it doesn’t have the mystique or cultural capital they have. (I swear to god, one day I’ll bring it to be a respected art form)

I saw a Byteianian who had on his profile “for fun, not for fame” and I’m kinda treating Byte that way. Even though this can be a tool for self-promotion…so much of my other crap on social media is used that way and while I’m proud of what I make onstage and on Youtube, I just want an outlet where I can be creative, make videos and just throw out my insane ideas out there and sees what sticks. For me, I kinda think of Byte like what a chef would cook for myself after they get home from a shift at the restaurant.

9 Likes

Oh heck yeah I am a YouTuber first since that is kinda where I started taking of a little. Plus I look to start getting into streaming and someday making it into the pro’s in E Sports I also tweet a bunch… not creativity never mind lol and I work on websites for S - Studios my little studios I do. I do Sooo much! I have just slacked a little on getting started because after graduating from high school after those years even though thats where I got my biggest ideas and I started taking off I needed a break after all that work over four years!

2 Likes

Congrats on the monetization I am currently working on mine right now!

2 Likes

thanks! It was a lot of work to get to it until it wasn’t, I basically lucked out and one of my videos got passed around on reddit a lot and I hit the threshold. I promised myself that I’d be editing my next YT video tonight but instead got caught up editing my next Byte that looks like crap and I’ll probably never post.

2 Likes

haha that’s exactly what happened last night! I was gonna make a video talking about the nether update in Minecraft but instead got caught up making a loop GTA v style byte. Yeah, my upload schedule is till being worked on! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

what’s your yt

1 Like

today I had the idea of a Byte where I go to the camera and say “don’t steal intellectual property, especially don’t upload the entire Great Gatsby onto a microblogging platform” and while I say that, the entire Great Gatsby flashes across the screen and then it cuts back to me with a creepy stare. But when I exported it, I realized that accidently forgot to say “don’t” and the text of the Great Gatsby looks weird and so I’m just telling you about it now instead of actually uploading it. An hour worth of work. An hour!

2 Likes

ikr tbh some byte Ideas just are not worth that hour tho! :joy:

2 Likes

We do TikTok as well :blush:

3 Likes

I am a working portrait and product photographer. I also draw in my spare time. I used to do youtube, but I kind of lost interest in my previous niche. Might go back to youtube, depending on how this byte thing plays out.

4 Likes

Ooo a free tour you say :eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, Brooklyn Bridge. I have a booking on Saturday at 2:00, interested? Otherwise we could work something out through PMs. It’s my slow season so I like just gassing up the size of my groups.

2 Likes

Lol I’m always jumping around different hobbies. This past summer I got weirdly into this idea of a youtube channel where it’s only jello content and it’s pretty weird and I privated most of the videos but I got a lot of practice editing videos at least lol. Channel is called Just Jello lmao.

3 Likes

Aw that’s really sweet of you to offer this!! :heart:Unfortunately I’m busy then but maybe when I get off from school in May!

2 Likes

I’m on Leaf’y, YStreem, and Gurm.

yeah, spring is when tours pick up and there’s more spots avail.

1 Like

I like Gurm’s new UI. Way easier to use after the last update

I haven’t heard good things about Leaf’y. I think they sell user data to Azerbaijan

1 Like