Cool and Fun and Original and New Update

Glad to see the new update not only brings a “new and original” UI, but also zooms some videos in? So now text on those videos look like a toddler edited it.

Thanks Byte.

10 Likes

Also before any of you comment about the UI and being “slightly different” than Clunk’s or Dick Dock’s, don’t. It isn’t original or unique anymore, just a dumb copy.

8 Likes

CLUNK OR DICK DOCK’S :sob:

7 Likes

Insert Spider-Man meme

2 Likes

I died at dick docks :skull::skull::skull:

2 Likes

Screenshot of the text issue please

1 Like

@CubeOfCheese just to show a few…

4 Likes

5 Likes

I was going to say that it’s probably fixable but then I realized the full screen display means that it will display differently on different devices so fixing it for the full screen display will need it up for the regular display. Rough

2 Likes

Hmmm…

Closed byte a few times and then?

When I am on my channel… Hmmm

1 Like

@The_Ginger this could also be cross posted to the bugs forum because this is pretty bad

@dom

4 Likes

hmmm maybe the fact that this isnt permanent and they are just testing stuff out to see how it works for us all? maybe keeping an open mind to take a look as to how this may work for the community? Like people LOVE to crap on byte cuz its so quirky and fun… Give, It, A, Chance! Why not?

I don’t love to crap on byte. I understand it’s not permanent which is why I stated it should be posted under bugs.

At the same time, these layout changes aren’t necessary. People have been pretty adamant about editing tools - decent ones - since beta. I’d much rather see something that promotes active engagement with the app (creative tools) than passive engagement (cosmetic stuff.)

Not b/c I wanna crap on byte. But because I love it and want it to succeed and be better

12 Likes

I mean they are experimenting to see if these new layout changed will improve the like and comment ratio. I have no doubt in my mind that the editing tools are being worked on behind the scenes and coding an editor and making sure that most of the bugs are gone is a challenge on its own. Maybe the change was unnecessary but its really not that big of a deal than some people make it out to be… imo

3 Likes

I think when people work hard on making content and it is altered because of reprogramming it’s very frustrating and disheartening

9 Likes

Is that not a cropping issue that can and probably will be fixed with a bug update? Like they issued a bug update a few hours ago? Yall we all KNOW that testflight updates are to have bugs? How is this a new concept???

Yeah that’s why I said this should be posted in bugs. I don’t know why you’re being so contentious.

5 Likes

OH LMAO HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING!!! i though u were talking bout the new ui change !!! OMGGG LMAOOOOOOOOO. Yeah def this should be posted into bugs… But the UI change discussion can stay here lol

1 Like

Hey Niko, please do not comment on this post. Or really any of my posts.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Here’s the bottom line:

We keep saying let byte be its own thing. Cool. Fine. Agree. But when it makes changes which are eerily similar to that of TT, then what are we saying?

When we depend on vine nostalgia and TikTok being banned to get users, are we letting byte be its own thing?

7 Likes