Control over the content. Like disabling comments etc

I think it would be great to have this feature.

3 Likes

Just curious, but why would we want to disable comments?
I’m not against it, I just wanna hear your reasoning behind it. :blush:

2 Likes

bullying

4 Likes

Qu2

People like him, you need to block out of your life

2 Likes

True, but most of the time the bullying happens when you don’t expect it, so by then it’s a little too late. I mean, if the controls allowed you to disable them after you post, then you can stop it before too much damage is done.
But then you also disable the encouraging comments too, so unfortunately, there’s that trade-off. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know who that is. Do you mind explaining? :blush:

2 Likes

Yes I do, we just gotta ignore him rn

2 Likes

making comments only available to followers could be a good solution. and it should be upto the user

2 Likes

I agree, that is a good idea to make it only available to followers. It would make quality control a lot easier.

3 Likes

So many similar forums out there and I think this is the right opportunity to add this feature asap (this should be a top priority to consider since so many trolls and toxic comments) :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m receiving death threats and having videos of mine reposted on other multiple troll accounts making fun of me and the people coming to my defense. It’s already been reported and banned but it’s happening every five seconds. They are targeting me for no reason and idk what to do because blocking a new account every five seconds isn’t something I wanna do for the rest of my time on byte.

And yes it has been addressed in private and tried to be handled. (Earlier this morning since 3am) it is now 12 noon and there have been about 3-4 new accounts made by the same person or people literally starting a war zone in my comments and in other creators comments. Having a censored comment section would be rlly cool or a private account but that’s a far fetched one because were so early on. Idk what to do but ignoring may be the only thing I CAN DO.

5 Likes

Another idea is maybe flagging and automatically removing comments with certain words in them? I know people can do this on youtube. Couldn’t prevent everything but could help if there was a specific word or phrase used a lot

5 Likes

I’m so sorry that is happening to you :frowning: I hope they come up with some features to protect people and maintain the good community here.

4 Likes

Oh my freaking gosh. I heard about the situation but I didn’t realize it was that bad. I’m really sorry that you’re having to deal with this. I’ll be praying for you and I hope this b.s. behavior can be stopped. :worried:

4 Likes

Sounds horrible :fearful: we’re here for you! :hugs: Honestly, there has to be an efficient way to maintain a good community when there’s hate going around. Censoring certain words sounds good, but haters will find a way around it by replacing letters with symbols, periods on the censored words, etc. The option of disabling comments sounds good, but it can make the viewer frustrated at not being able to comment on the video, & makes them less likely to become a follower. Making comments available only to followers might be the best option for content creators. The haters can send as much hate as they want, but it won’t ever reach the creator. Followers can also comment about the video & interact with other users, too.

3 Likes