Content protection!

La-La-La-Ladies and Gentlement, Boys and Girls, Children of allll agessss.

Adam2Miles here with idea!

We need to help protect creators.

If possible there needs to be a security system for uploading that prevents people from uploading other users created content without providing the necessary credit!

For instance if and when video uploading is allowed something needs to be implemented to prevent content from being stolen. It happens on youtube all the time.

Someone spend hours writing and creating a video and then boom someone ripped it from their channel and uploaded it on theirs and get views from it.

As always let me know what you think below.

BEWP!

5 Likes

yes, it’s very important that there is something like this in place! I think @dom mentioned there being a better copyright system on V2, so hopefully plagiarism will also be taken into consideration.

2 Likes

I agree, some sort of content protection should be put in place. possibly a custom tag/watermark in one of the corners or something idk.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Just in case, it’s worth using watermarks on your video :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like something really important, like for example in the case of you tube, that there some stolen vids that are re-uploaded to other social media platforms and get more views that in youtube (That should be something shouldn’t happen in v2 with our content

There are a bunch of topics already addressing this topic. Here are some you might find interesting!

1 Like

I like the way you think

Maybe they could implement the same sort of watermark feature on youtube with the small profile pic at the right end of the screen

If people do end up reposting my vids (let’s be honest, it’s good pub for us), at least give me credit so people can see where the fire post came from

Yeah, I thought there were a few others like this

I like the idea of putting a watermark in the corner

Content protection would dramatically hurt V2. Here’s why: Part of the massive success of the original product was that people would take a viral vine video, put different music, effects, and their own “spin” to it, and share it to build upon existing content. Anybody remember the “Potato flew around my room” vine success due to all of the parodies, remixes, and “spins” upon that original idea. V2 needs to be as close to the original as possible, but also making it easier to search for particular vines by hashtag, topic, user, description, comments, etc.

1 Like

Yes, we don’t want people getting followers for things they stole!

1 Like

I disagree with the concept of content protection for Vines. Lookup “Fair Use” in copyright law. Fair Use is the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder. (Source: Oxford Dictionaries).

People need to be able to make parodies of other material. Content protection would make this too difficult.

Yes, but we don’t need copyright for that