Confidence Building, 6 Seconds At a Time!

How many of us are super quiet and shy in public, but are super hilarious in private? I feel like v2 will be a big help in building our confidence! This forum has been overwhelmingly positive, and I see people building eachother up, and I seriously hope it carries over to v2’s release!

17 Likes

Well I’m a pretty outgoing person but never really let people get to know me and my humor because I’m scared they won’t like me. I’m hoping that with V2 I can connect with people who appreciate my humor and it’ll be nice cause I can be myself with worrying about others.

4 Likes

I am super quiet and shy in public but when I am with my friends y’all, I become a comedian :joy:.
No but i agree with you but I hope V2 will help many people with their confidence!

5 Likes

I’m not a very social person. When I’m making videos I let loose :joy:

5 Likes

hopefully making videos will make me more confident with my face… i don’t post pictures much :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

yes! I get that with making content on the internet in general. I’m super shy and anxious irl (I find ordering coffee even sets of my anxiety sometimes) but when making content I try to be as weird and as free as possible with it :smiley:

5 Likes

Same! I never ever ever post selfies

3 Likes

I am one, I have a problem that is that I care what others say about me
Yes, I have to change that

1 Like

Yesssss j hope it helps me and many other why people come out of their shell

2 Likes

Lol Im told Im quiet but thats because I hate everyone :joy::sob:

1 Like

3 years ago i was the shy type whom people thought i would be a good comedian but never tapped into it, just a year ago i decided to start my page and now ive got about 13k followers who really enjoy watching my content WHICH MAKES MEEE so happy :’) i cant wait to bring my content over to v2

3 Likes

Yes! I LOVE This Thread!

2 Likes

When I first joined vine in 2012… I didn’t post much. I was scared to post funny videos of myself because I didn’t want to get made fun of again. I did post a little(which gained me around 600 followers). :confused: but !!! This time a’ round I’m gonna try to put more faith into myself and make content that I actually enjoy making.

And if you ever see me IRL, I come off as this really shy and awkward girl. I have really bad anxiety which is sometimes extremely hard for me to overcome. But, when I’m by myself, or with a few friends, I’m actually so hilarious. And I’ve had my friends tell me that I should be posting videos or something. So, I guess what I’m trying but I say is I’m excited for v2 and I’m going to be putting myself out there more !! And I’ll see y’all there :slight_smile:

And while I’m here, my Twitter is @DaniCalifornja (yes, with a j).

2 Likes

Don’t worry about being a shy person in real life. A lot of very creative people tend to be more reserved, like actors for example. I’ve heard Johnny Depp doesn’t even watch his own movies. Don’t feel weird about being shy in person, y’all will totally shine on V2. :blush:

2 Likes

I use comedy as a coping mechanism on the daily, so I hope my terrible jokes and puns will help me build more confidence and make friends.

I’m painfully awkward around new people but with people I know I crack jokes all the time.

V2 will be great because it’ll just be me and my phone and maybe a buddy.

3 Likes

This post is actually so cute, I come off as a very extroverted person that seems very confident and funny(in my friend’s eyes) BUT when you get to know me I’m actually very awkward, insecure and unsure about anything. I know that I don’t usually like to draw too much attention to myself on social media (like for example I’ve had Instagram for like 5 years and only have like 9 posts). I have made videos before and I’ve never put my own face in them because idk… I love to create and I like to see people laugh and be happy, its my favourite thing in the whole world. I hope I can get a bit loose on this app and get to meet cool people and have a good laugh (SORRY THIS IS LONG)

3 Likes

I wish I could make cool stuff when v2 comes out but I’m probably the most unconfident (is that even a word) person ever, I don’t even take photos with my friends or anything like that let alone make videos and post them. I’m super quiet most of the time, (sometimes there’s an exception when I’m with my friends)and super self conscious about myself and my appearance but hopefully I can get my ugly ass on v2 when it finally comes out

2 Likes

okay. I like to think that I’m not a shy person and say to myself that when family come over I’ll be confident but that never happens. I also have low self-esteem because of my face hopefully v2 will help me grow my confidence :grinning:

2 Likes

@ifewtf same omg

1 Like

Wowie, that’s a lotta movies he doesn’t watch then X’D also, a LOT of singers hate the sound of their own voice when they hear recordings.