Concept Critique: #8secondvlog

I haven’t seen others besides vivianisvulger doing anything like this and I don’t know if that’s because it’s a bad idea or I just haven’t seen it, so I was hoping to get an idea of what you think. Is it too much to cram in 8 seconds? If it’s something some might enjoy it’s worth the effort, but it is quite a bit of editing and I don’t want to force them if it just doesn’t work, ya know?

11 Likes

I think these types of videos you’re doing are unique, weird and different… and that’s exactly the reason why you need to keep doing types like this. Apologies if this seems like “heavy talk” but it’s videos like these that encourage more people to push their boundaries of how they perceive art and filmmaking.

It’s really good.

7 Likes

Awww. Love you! Thank you for the encouragement and feedback. It means so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heartbeat:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! <3 :smiley:

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s an awful idea at all :wave:t5::smiley:. I would love to see more of these personally, but outside looking in, I know it’s gonna be a lot of editing work for up to 8 seconds. Maybe making multiple ones for one day would help ease the stress of having to constantly post new vlogs :woman_shrugging:t5:
Hey, idk what I’m saying anymore, guy. I hope I answered the question somehow :wave:t5::rofl:.

6 Likes

I think this is a good concept and I like the chill energy your bytes have. My advice would be try to get some more interesting footage and if you wanted to you could try to structure it a bit more so it has a better flow. Other than that its a good idea that has a lot of potential.

3 Likes

No, this definitely helps! :slight_smile::yellow_heart: I’m just trying to figure out a good balance. I want the primary focus to be on my animated watercolors and visuals but the painting/editing/ animating process takes a while and makes it so I really should limit them to 2-4 times a week depending on the project. I just don’t want people to get bored if I don’t post every day so I’m trying to find something interesting (besides kitties) to add to the rotation.

Maybe if I do it only once or twice a week?

1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate it so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And I totally agree with the better variety of footage. I just wanted to float these as editing tests. Now that I am finally recovered I hope to be able to take more walks to see more interesting things. I think that 8 second vlogs are the only type of vlog that might make my life look interesting. I don’t know how youtube vloggers make their entire lives the Truman Show. :rofl:

1 Like

So I love these types of videos. It’s interesting.
I’ve seen some people do similar styles (I think @Mermaidshades does some that are in a similar style…kinda)…maybe make themes?
I have no clue.
Hopefully someone who also does this type of content comes along and can help out.

2 Likes

Hellooo @allintheory

Yass I have made vlog style and videos similar to that I just make sure my my caption gives a clue. :two_hearts::sparkles::two_hearts::sparkles: you could always do a vlog of you animated xyz post throughout the day that way u include ur kitties. Sometimes I do shopping vlogs for sales or special things or hauls or whatever and I can include food animals streets walking my shoes etc they’re fun to make esp when ur feeling a little blocked!

Sailor Moon / ULTA vlog

2 Likes

i think theyre awesome!

2 Likes

Oh, yes! I love that! And I’m always blocked🤣

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yellow_heart::vulcan_salute:t3:

2 Likes

I mean, I started following @friedeggroll because of her chill vloggy style videos, but those aren’t edited… more like, she records herself when something interesting/post worthy happens in her day.

I think you could just record different 5 to 8 second clips of what you are doing in the day, craft a narrative with it if you are doing more serious vlogging, and psot them as different bytes. It would take away a lot of editing time and still give you a chill blog style

2 Likes

Ahh I love you haha
Yeah I usually don’t edit my videos other than if I want a voiceover on it or something. I think the lightsaber one I made yesterday was like the most time consuming byte I’ve made.
But yeah, it’s fun to just showcase different little bits of my life and make them into funny (or plain :woozy_face: sometimes, it be like that) 8 second videos. They’re just moments I wanna share :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Girl I didn’t even know you where in the forums you have no idea how long ago I would have messaged you if I had known

1 Like

The shots that you have are actually pleasant to look at. Personally I enjoy editing so this wouldn’t bug me to edit this much :man_shrugging:t2:

But I always encourage other byters to keep pushing their own boundaries and try to keep pushing their own envelopes of what works for them. Don’t fall in to the same routine! And honestly byte can get pretty boring to watch if everyone is doing the same thing.

Keep experimenting with this and you’ll make it better than it is now for sure.

1 Like

Haha! My first reply was Kathy Bates in the Kathy bates thread;)

1 Like

It’s hard to vlog in 8sec, we’re so used to seeing YouTube videos of vlogs that are like 8 min with intervals of talking. But this is a nice vibe, I would encourage you to keep doing what you like. Also I think you guys who do videos like this should come up with a new and unique name for it since it’s only byte sized :eyes:

1 Like