Community Idea - Parody Series

I’ve had an idea to start a parody series for a while, and I wanted to share this with the community. This project could build/sharpen our skills as content creators, as well as enable the community to collaborate and express creativity.

I have a series in mind (been working on it briefly), but I am willing to hear other series ideas. We can start with one, and over time we can determine if we want to start another.

This is still a new idea, and a lot of work, collaboration and thought will be needed to make this work. I have too many thoughts about this to mention here, so I’ll post in this thread over time.

Feedback, questions, or any hype regarding this idea are appreciated

18 Likes

Ok so like a series within byte? With 6.5 second videos?

5 Likes

Not what I was thinking, but holy smokes that’d be dope :smile:

2 Likes

Ohhh ok good because I was thinking of how hard it would be to do something like that.

2 Likes

So I’ve always had this idea for a show where it’s something like the Office, but in a school. Not the most brilliant idea and it’s probably been done before, but I like it.

1 Like

I have a feeling we’d all have to meet up to do a series like that, though I’m not against that; what I was talking about is something like DBZA, SAO Abridged or 7 Deadly Schmucks

1 Like

Haven’t heard of those. Could you explain?

1 Like

this seems interesting! i like this idea zadei hehehe

1 Like

Okay, here’s a link for reference. I’d explain it, but this should do the trick (especially the abridged series portion around the end)

1 Like

It would be a pretty cool project, but it’ll require a lot of dedicated people (I’m not just talking about voice actors)

2 Likes

that oofs me real bad

1 Like

Not sure how to take that :sweat_smile:

For the first season of the series I’m thinking about, we might need about 20-40 peeps (one half for voice acting, the other for editing and writing if they aren’t VAs)

2 Likes

I’m intrigued but I’m having a hard time picturing exactly what you mean… would it be animated? On YouTube? Also for plot, what’s the plot? Similar to SAO… so the plot seems like it would be pretty heavy. But since it’s a parody it would be like a light hearted and funny thing similar to the office? I’m interested in hearing more details tho!

1 Like

For mason’s series, I’m not sure. You’ll have to ask him

The abridged series I had in mind is RWBY, which is basically all animation

2 Likes

Would they be animated? Will there be a script? Where would they be posted?

1 Like
  1. 100 percent animated using video from other works (has no one here seen DBZA/SAO abridged…)

2. Yes, there will be scripts (start off with 3 or 4, then it can grow over time

3. YouTube is one place to put it, but we could make 6 second bits while making the series

1 Like

I actually think this is an idea that can work and I am interested. :100:

2 Likes

I thought you were talking about Community the TV show, but this is an interesting idea as well

2 Likes

Yeah, guess I should have been more clear in the beginning :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So basically we’re doing fun episodic dubs for a popular cartoon???
If you can pull it off, I’m down. I got some comedic voice over chops. lol

2 Likes