Colleges consider the unthinkable: dropping SAT and ACT requirements for next year's applicants

Anyone that’s supposed to graduate now or next year. I think it’s the right opportunity apply for Ivy League Schools!!!

Read:

7 Likes

I JUST SAW THAT AND IT GOT ME HEATEDJQJWJDJD they waited NOWWW to do it?!?! Come onnnn :sob: I could have potentially gotten into a school in NYC which would have been the dream for me lol but I did get into my dream school and I’m super grateful for that. I’m more annoyed at the fact that I stressed SOOO much taking these exams and every time I took an ACT test, my point would only go up by one :upside_down_face: so I was hella frustrated. Ended up with a 25 in the end and now to see all that stressing was for nothing now kinda sucksss

6 Likes

Tbh my college looked at those SAT and ACT scores with the least weight of anything on our applications.

4 Likes

Is this just you want to move to NYC, or did you want to attend a particular school in NYC? Because you can be very, very, very, very, very stupid and attend a CUNY school and I have many friends as evidence of that.

4 Likes

It’s a blessing now and I want my refund for paying to TAKE ACT & SAT multiple times just for IVY LEAGUE SCHOOLS!! :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

I did well on the ACT, but I know for many (like my sister) standardized testing is not their strong suit. They already dropped the requirement for the written part of the exam so it’s not surprising

1 Like

Storytime and yes, many of my friends :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lucky them :sob::sob:

LOLL well kinda both. I live close to the city but idk why, I’ve just always been attracted to it all my life. I was born in NYC but moved to Long Island when I was young. I should specified that I wanna be in Manhattan. That was my dream location for school but unfortunately there weren’t any places that could accept me cuz of grades and whatnot. Anyway sorry got off in a tangent here but i didn’t really think about CUNY’s that much cuz the school that im in rn was my second choice to the NYC schools that I would have hoped to attended

2 Likes

Storytime

His name is Danis and his mom misspelled his name at birth and it stuck and when he was a teenager he was fired from his gang - the Latin Kings - for being a bad drug dealer

1 Like

Also, I said earlier this year that I would have taken you up on your offer of a tour, but now I can’t cuz of the virus :pensive::metal: still interested in it one day though!

2 Likes

I forgot about that! I think when things lighten up to crowds of ten, I might make an announcement here. I miss my job so, so, so much.

2 Likes

I second this, when I visit NYC I’ll let you know. I live on the east coast, NYC is only 3hr or so drive!

2 Likes

Missed the human interaction :pleading_face::point_right:t4::point_left:t4:

1 Like

Omg yesss :raised_hands::raised_hands:

2 Likes

OMG, a Byte meet-up/Brooklyn Bridge tour/pub crawl that can end in a sleepover in Dom’s condo!

3 Likes

if they drop it for this year, they need to drop it for all the other years.

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob: unfair. It’s better off if they substitute for IQ test

2 Likes

hopefully it’s gone with in the next 5 years, i wanna get into college using other things

2 Likes

Yeah… with this COVID-19 thing it’s changing current / future decisions. I wanna see how this will be for long-term wise. Abolishing SAT/ACT would be major it is reliable unless if they find a better solution(s) or substitution.

1 Like