Collab Feature

A way for someone to post a video with another user and have it show up on both profiles with one post. If two people are in the byte they both don’t need to upload it and is equally shared with the likes and comments. Basically the posts are linked up.

Unlike a “team” this would be just two users.

To set this up one user would need to post and set as “Collab with user ____” then the other user would have to accept.

Edit: Realized that “collab” can mean something else to those who might be brainwashed by TikTok. It doesn’t need to be a split screen in order to be a “collab.” lmao

31 Likes

Yess, was thinking of this myself. Not just rebyting, but a way to have the same post share likes and comments and loops, also could help clear multiple instances of a byte if people follow multiple creators collabing and posting the same byte.

Similar to the Business Partner tagging on Instagram. Basically the business partner can promote, view stats, and post to their feeds if they are tagged. But byte will be better.

5 Likes

ok this is it chief

4 Likes

Amazing idea!

4 Likes

oh i like dat, i like dat

4 Likes

That’s pretty nice. Kinda annoying to decide who to post the collab vid so this solves that issue

4 Likes

it’s harder with someone who lives far from you. cuz if you decide to do a collab video how are u gonna get 2 people in one video rather than making one person do the video

honestly collabs is this trend that tiktok made honestly its such a cheap template feeling collage’ish looking thing ever and is something we should leave to tiktok its byte lets keep the vine vibe but i know a lot of people in here play bffs smh

TikTok kinda changed what people think the definition of “Collab” means. Ya don’t need to split the screen to make it a collab. Examples: making the beat for a video and the other films, someone edits the visuals for the video while the other acts, and IRL videos where you do something irl.

9 Likes

if it’s in that sense then is more reasonable and better

This is a great idea that can’t for sure work!

2 Likes

I just did a Screen Split collab with @Moser on the Beta, it’s a music collab, and if there is a feature on Byte where I will be able edit on the app, that would be great.

For this one, I had to download and edit them on Premiere.

2 Likes

I see where you are going, I wasn’t really suggesting an editing or filter feature, but more of a way to link the posts together. I don’t think dom or anyone on the team wants any filters or extra features when compositing/recording videos like that.

3 Likes

Yeah i like this idea a lot. Makes engagement and growth super easy too if you could click from their to the profiles. it could also be a feature open only to mutual followers maybe so you can’t just spam David Dobrik with 80 collab requests

3 Likes

This would be a lot more convenient. Awesome idea

2 Likes

I like this !! This kind of makes sense

1 Like

there are a lot of good ideas here great job

2 Likes

I’d say I’m more in favor of this kind of tik tok style or back in the day when youtube had a youtube reaction button to reply to vids. Those things will eventually go away because YT and Tik Tok wants to make money off their ads, but it’s a good way do it tik tok style. Approving would be better as well, so as to reduce the PR nightmare tik tok had with its young audience

1 Like

bumping because this hasn’t been confirmed and i’ll bump it till it has been

3 Likes