Closed Captions [CC]

Don’t know if it’d be possible but something I’d like to see that not a lot of video apps do, is have the ability to be able to caption your videos after posting. If I forget to add captions on the video itself it’d be nice to make my videos accessible in case I slip up.

Besides that, totally love the app and can’t wait to see it evolve!

16 Likes

Yess a lot of people including me love that you put captions on your vids :raised_hands: I hope that it can be put on bytes automatically sometime down the line though

4 Likes

Yep I’d like that as a possible feature to ease the editing and make the experience more enjoyable

5 Likes

I truly love this idea

4 Likes

Captions are a great idea, so I’d love to possibly see something like that implemented in the future! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

This would especially be nice since 6 second videos=people talking REALLY fast, some people are just super hard to understand (and im sure i am sometimes too). I’m not hoh, but i do have trouble processing sound sometimes, so this would be a major help!

2 Likes

When u say “caption”, do u mean text overlay on the video or the title/description of the video?

1 Like

Text overlay in the video

1 Like

Text overlay, like how YouTube does theirs or the app “caption this”

1 Like

Ah - like how TikTok does it with the text in the video editing process and u can set the duration of the text to show - that’s better than CC cause it let the creators control where the text goes so it doesn’t overlay critical part of the video than system generated-and yes, that would be a great addition and adds more dimensions to what creator can “communicate” in the video :blush:

1 Like

This would be amazing!! automatic captions!!!

As an ally to humans with special needs, this would be great in terms of accessibility for our friends who have inhibited hearing capabilities.

Since Bytes are 6 seconds or less, it wouldn’t be too hard to require people to type out Closed Captions for every shot in their Byte that includes speech. Then, users could turn on (or off) a global “Show Closed Captions” on their profile.

2 Likes

Bump :loud_sound:

I would love this so much!
Between ADHD and being on the other spectrum, I pretty frequently have processing issues, and captions are massively helpful.

2 Likes

Same, and also have multiple languages :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Heck, if we could have trusted multi-lingual users submit subtitles for the creator to approve that would be awesome!

3 Likes

Fun fact – I contributed before on YouTube (CC) willingly to do if byte considers :clap:t4::hugs: this would be epic :ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes