Christmas Creativity Contest!

Season’s Greetings, beautiful Byters!

Thanks to Byte we have gotten the opportunity not only to see some of the most creative content but to make amazing friendships with people we would never have met otherwise & to have a support system that we may not have known was there or even known we needed. This year for Christmas The Tree Hause ladies would like to give back to the community that has brought us so close and given us so much support.

In honor of the holiday season, starting on November 27th we will be hosting a contest for all byters! (yes, even those that may not partake in the devil’s lettuce :wink:) The contest will run until 11:59 PM EST on December 26th and the winner will be announced on January 1st.

The premise is simple: Be creative, but make it Christmasy! (Is that a word? That’s a word, well Grammarly says it is anyways :sweat_smile:) The medium is the dealer’s choice! There are so many forms of art and creativity to choose from! Painting, drawing, clay work, cosplay, however you choose to express yourself, let it out for #weedmas!

TL;DR:

Starts: 11/27/2020 12:01 AM EST
Ends: 12/26/2020 11:59 PM EST
Winners announced: 1/1/2021 4:20 PM EST
*Winners will be announced on this thread and The Tree Hause page as well as receiving a DM.

Rules to participate:

• Must be 18+ to enter
  • Must be following @thetreehause on Byte & rebyte the announcement post
  • use the tag #weedmas on your video
  • get creative & festive with your medium of choice!
  • do not include anything that would already break the TOS for Byte…obviously lol
  • most importantly, have fun with it!

The prizes:

• 1st place: Tree Hause rolling tray & ashtray made by @jengotcanceled (examples on her page), Hause shirt courtesy of @hotfries.exe made by @akaapparel, Hause button made by @hallebangg, stickers made by @NykkeyB, pins, incense, candy, rolling papers
  • 2nd place: Byte themed painting from @Jaybizzy, Hause shirt courtesy of @hotfries.exe made by @akaapparel, Hause button made by @hallebangg, stickers made by @NykkeyB, pins, incense, candy, rolling papers
  • 3rd place: Resin keychain made by @baked.Alien’s sister, Hause button made by @hallebangg, stickers made by @NykkeyB, incense, pins, candy, rolling papers

*you do not have to be smoking or partaking in Cannabis in any way to enter, but please do know what the prizes are, as listed above, when you sign up
**Please know when you enter, you will have to DM @hallebangg your address (or P.O box if applicable) to claim your prizes, this is why the contest is 18+

Edit: I forgot to mention International shipping is available so those outside of the US and CAN are also free to enter if they please :blush: :green_heart:

18 Likes

:slight_smile: :heart:

5 Likes

That’s awesome #weedmas

5 Likes

:smirk: about to start smoking again to get this W

10 Likes

What wonderful prizes! Bring it on

6 Likes

I’m so excited for you all too join in!!! #weedmas :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Dope :triumph::fist:

5 Likes

You guys better up your game for this contest. I’m in it to win it. Even though I don’t smoke lol

7 Likes

i def want to enter!! really cool yall are putting this together and organizing this! i have something i’ve been planning that would be perfect to submit. but personally i would prefer a more subtle hashtag. i don’t really like to publicly reference weed on my posts online (for me it boils down to paranoia of future employers seeing it and not hiring me lol) any way yall would consider tweaking the hashtag?

5 Likes

so we did discuss the hashtag, and the contest as a whole, a lot; from the beginning, we knew we wanted it to be inclusive of people outside of the stoner community but also represent us, which is why to participate you don’t have to be smoking. The tag is what it is because at the end of the day we are a weed group and wanted to stay true to that since byte gives us the freedom to do so. unfortunately, it’s too late to make any changes to the tag as we’ve already released it, quite a few people have already seen it and are aware of it as it is now, and we have had one person post to it so far, we knew not everyone would necessarily be comfortable with having to smoke on camera but we didn’t feel like the tag would hinder anyone’s ability to join in. We do hope to see what you make and if you decide to use the tag we would appreciate it but if you don’t feel like you can we completely understand that as well. :green_heart:

6 Likes

Gotcha!! makes sense. i may still enter haha. and again, this is is a real cool concept and i’m hyped to see what people make

4 Likes

Quick question, been wondering. Is it a typo in the account name or is it supposed to read like whores? Maybe horse. I’m not sure and it’s bugging me :joy:

3 Likes

Hause, german for home, I’m assuming that’s what you mean lmao :joy: @/treehouse and @/thetreehouse were already taken :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I read way too much into it hahaha thanks for clarifying, I wonder everytime I see the name :sweat_smile: I convinced myself it wasn’t just German because of the added ‘e’ on the end.

4 Likes

lmao comedy

4 Likes

Well I can’t wait gonna go get some decorations tonight and hopefully post on Monday. Can we make more then one entry?

3 Likes

Yes ma’am !!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Bumping this as a reminder to myself :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

thank you lmao I forgot too

3 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes