Checking Up on Y’all pt. 2

Hey y’all.

How is everyone doing on this Friday? I hope you’re having a wonderful day despite the circumstances we’re facing. I just want to check up on y’all during these hard times. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to DM me on Instagram or Twitter @mynameiskawena.

I wrote a topic like this like a week ago but only a few people saw it, and I just want to be a resource to everyone so I’m posting a part two.

This is what I wrote on my first “checking up on y’all” post.

“These are some troubling times we’re all facing. Lots of you are probably sick and tired of being at home, not being able to escape to your friends or to your happy place. Whatever it is you’re going through, if you need someone to talk to I’m here. DM me on either instagram or twitter (both @mynameiskawena ) and vent to me about whatever you feel comfortable telling me. I might not be able to relate, but I’m here to listen and to be a shoulder to cry on.

We’re gonna get through this quarantine together y’all. We got this!”

I hope you guys are staying safe and taking care of yourselves! :smile:

Sincerely,
Kawena <3

14 Likes

Byte and food are the only things keeping me alive right now :joy:

7 Likes

Same dude. Same

5 Likes

I highly recommend talking to her, she’s super nice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m eating Mac n cheese so all in all, pretty damn good. Hope you’re doing well too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Starting so be “demotivated” again… I would be motivated if I could film FREELY… but I can’t due to this quarantine… I think it’s time for another break which I DON’T need rn but… my bytes will become stale if I keep doing them in my room…

U agree??

1 Like

:slight_smile::slight_smile::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

I’m doing okay. Thank you for asking :smile::yellow_heart:

1 Like

I know it’s hard to have creative freedom when it comes to these restrictions we’re having but I’m sure everyone understands that you can’t film outside. In my opinion, I don’t think your content will get boring if you keep filming in your room, that’s what I’m doing. But I understand your pain

1 Like

im doing fine. :smiley: i am doing bytes at home. (some of them are out now)
-richard.skinner

1 Like

New York just surpassed the amount of people who died on 9/11. I think I was bracing myself for it, and spent much of the day focusing on my own shit, but when I checked the news it was a rough feeling. I focus on the fact that, by living in these uncomfortable circumstances, we’re making a sacrifice so that others can live and flatten the curve.

I blocked reddit on my computer, which has helped because reddit is garbage and doesn’t know how to separate the signal from the noise. That, and me and my girlfriend have promised each other that we won’t use any screens for the whole weekend.

Having goals help. I spent all morning making new review cards for my tour guide company.

I have no clue what is going to happen to my company after the end of this - but am a little hopeful that, although travel might not pick up right away, the tour guide trade association is going to do a promotional push to get New Yorkers to take tours as things pick back up.

2 Likes

Not Friday anymore but i do be vibin :sunglasses::ok_hand:

These are strange times indeed.

I said this before but I made the decision to stop making posts about the virus or being quarantined bc I want to make jokes that will help people take their minds off of what’s going on. Even if it’s only for 6 seconds.

I was worried for a while about my job but luckily I’m “essential”… im a carpenter lmao. And I was able to borrow a gun from someone for my wife while she’s working from home. Now I just wanna keep making bytes and focus on that.

1 Like