Character limit on captions?

any idea to what the character limit will be?

2 Likes

As far as I know this has not been decided, or at least not released to the public, yet. You will probably have to wait for more info from Dom or just see when the app releases.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be similar to IG. I kinda want a HUGE number for the limit, because some of my ideas need a bunch of explaining lol

1 Like

Hopefully it won’t be as long as Instagram, I like how it was before.

1 Like

Maybe as long as instagram but it has the “Read More” feature as well

2 Likes

I’d like for it to be like Instagram’s

Character limits for caption should be short and simple. No need to distract the viewer from your v2os

1 Like

I like the idea of them being short and simple, but also like the idea of them being long because I know sometimes I like being able to type a little more and then being limited on what I am explaining makes me mad, So im in between want them short but not to short

I think captions should be required to be short and to the point. Twitter is for reading… v2 should have short captions where the video does most of the “explaining”

“read more” option could be good… so even if limit is not, well, very limiting, then you don’t have to read a lengthy caption

1 Like

I think part of what made Vine great was its simplicity. simple videos at a short length. maybe we should keep simple captions at a short length too. probably 100 - 150 ?

1 Like

I think that we should keep it shorter, but not too short. Maybe 100-150 or something?

Short for sure. This is not IG, we don’t need a full paragraph for every vid.

1 Like

v2os. I like it.

thank you :)!

character limit I feel should share some similarities to Instagram

It would br good if they added an read more feature.