Channels Question

What does following a channel do?

Does following channels influence what shows up on your My Mix? It does seem so.

6 Likes

If I remember correctly yes it does

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem to do that for me. I even tested by following just one channel and it has no effect.

So, what is the purpose of following channels?

2 Likes

Yeah, it does, but the algorithm throws in other channels as well from time to time. From what I can tell, that’s also influenced by who you follow, the content that you’ve liked, etc.

1 Like

I figured it put the videos in your following feed which seemed insane to me. Not sure why anyone would follow a channel :thinking::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I only follow the soothing channel, as everything else is chaotic and messy. When my “My Mix” page actually works I see like 75% soothing stuff and 25% other random stuff so it does prioritize it.

1 Like

It seems to have no effect at all on my “My Mix”.

following a channel really does not affect my Your Mix really. So if it doesn’t already this would be something cool!

1 Like

Bumping this because I still don’t see ANY videos from the channels I follow in my Your Mix and I would really like to!

Maybe it’s an issue of priority built into the algorithm towards popular bytes over followed channel bytes. Maybe that could be reversed?