Channel moderation - it's chaos out there

Any updates here? We need mods to sort out the channels because they are being rendered effectively useless like the hashtags. New channels especially are being pummeled. Poor /rats

I volunteer to be a channel mod, it irks me so bad

19 Likes

You wanna know why? \/ Here’s why \/

1 Like

I’d love to clean up and or curate the Foundfootage channel. I really enjoyed it in the beginning, and would like to restore it to its original intent.

4 Likes

I saw that. I was hoping they would refresh the whole thing by properly training the mods rather than abandon all hope

3 Likes

what we know so far is that the explore page will be overhauled soon, progress unknown and I guess they’re focusing on what features they gotta add next. then, maybe they’ll recruit mods once finished?

1 Like

Yeah the rat channel is just…so sad. :pensive:

1 Like

Like I had to scroll so so so far to find a rat video.

Like I have 2 rats and I posted a video that never got above several completely miscategorized videos. I would VOLUNTARILY moderate that channel or any of the animal ones especially because the rules are so clear for those. It’s just sad bc I was looking forward to that channel and it’s just being shat on.

8 Likes

and not a single video about Pete Buttigeig

Such a disappointment and wasted opportunity

3 Likes

Lolll maybe I could respect it if someone was using the word “rat” as an adjective in their video or something but NOPE.

Oh my god it’s that bad ?

That’s ridiculous

2 Likes

Also, I think the owner of the sound should be able to kick people out of the featured sound category. Someone put his video that doesn’t include @ConvincingHorse sound AT ALL in her category. Just so blatantly wrong.

8 Likes

Wait how is that even possible?

Seems like the Rat channel is like what the Cat channel was on Vine before they got rid of it. Where people posted anything.

But really, why on earth did they create a Rat channel, were there that many people making videos with rats? Same with Frogs. I’m going to suggest a Llama channel, because they have beautiful eyes and I love llamas.

4 Likes

I mean even if it was only 20 people posting rat videos, I’d still rather have it only be those people and just be a small channel, than just another abused one. I think there is value in having small and more niche channels that make people feel like they have a place. And maybe far more people have pet rats than you realize or we’re able to see because of how it’s abused. Like it may be a small community, but having their own channel helps them be seen by others who want to see them or who also have rats.

4 Likes

I’d love to have channels that I know are adhering to the rules. Like someone else mentioned it’d be like reddit for video content. Which would be a very novel approach. How do reddit moderators handle it? Maybe moderator applications and you agree to certain guidelines to being a moderator. I’d definitely be a moderator for categories I love. It would have to be a fair process though because previously creators would complain about their videos being removed from certain channels. It’s tough because someone might think Subway Surfer content is art.

1 Like

I’m slowly becoming not as interested in watching bytes anymore. I’ve almost given up trying to use this app as a viewer lol I just don’t understand this wave of content and all the channels look exactly like that.

I still wanna support the people I like… but finding new and good content is like finding a needle in a haystack. :man_shrugging:t2:

17 Likes

Recommendation: Use the following tab and pay attention to rebytes

5 Likes

Same. I have no interest in lip sync, POV, wall of text, Etc. there’s an audience for that, just not me.

2 Likes

Just hold on to your britches until the Explore page gets revamped. Then we’ll get channel moderators again

2 Likes

I assure you it’s there, you just have to dig. Soothing, Art, Madebyhand, found footage, absurd, are all good places to sift through.

I grew up going to garage sales and flea markets with my dad so I’m a bit of a treasure hunter anyway.

7 Likes