Change V2 Color?

What do you guys think, should the apps overall color be Green like Vine? I recently saw a concept logo for v2 that was red and I would love to see what more can come out of it.

4 Likes

Though the original logo was green, you could change your settings within vine and make it more personal with other colours. The colours also indicated types of the genre you were in if I recall through the menus, Red was a comedy, and blue was art, orange was sports, I think? Maybe im just crazy.

3 Likes

The current colour of the v2 logo is a lighter green than :vine:'s. But Dom should change the name and the colour in case he gets sued. I think red is a very nice colour.

2 Likes

@amelia I don’t think You can get sued because of a colour :blush:

& I think Dom owns the name V2, so that’s also not a problem I guess :ok_hand:

2 Likes

An older thread the same as this.

honestly I personally think he should change the color and the name. right now all my friends call it vne 2 and when I call it v2 they have no clue what I’m talking about. basically as it stands right now, v2 will constantly be compared to vne and the only way to help get rid of that is to 1) come up with a different original name , 2) change the color, and 3) when the app comes out, make the layout different then v*nes.
unprofessional opinion btw

3 Likes

I totally agree with you, I’ve seen other thread s like this and they want it to be green. It’s like people are expecting it to be the complete copy of vine, and that really would not be a smart move if Dom wants it to be it’s own thing. I always see threads about what people are gonna name themselves (like viners) but we can’t speculate on that stuff yet cause there’s no official name for the app, V2 is just a placeholder for now

1 Like

I’d like it if it was a different color, but if he doesn’t want to then that’s his choice & I’ll be okay with it whatsoever

2 Likes

Sorta like Twitter’s?

1 Like

It would be nice to change the name to something other than “v2” but I’m sure they are working on that. I think the slightly changed green is suitable, unless the name is changed to something that would match the color.

2 Likes

Maybe a totally new made up word or a synonym for “loop” could work. As for the actual colour itself, I personally think orange would be a solid choice. Not used by any other large social media platforms and overall a nice colour for an app of this nature.

1 Like