Category Page Curators (like Spotify)

Aside from possibly having a “Trending/Popular” and “Discover” page. What if there was also dedicated profiles to each category of content? This way there was another way curate content by smaller creators, and display it to a larger audience.

Think of it like this. Artists and Musicians are selected to be in incorporated into Spotify Playlists by playlist curators. They usual change the playlist weekly to give listeners a chance to discover new music and musicians to fall in love with.

In summary pages ran by v2 (who app users already follow upon signing up) could hand select a number of Vines from creators who are making great content, but aren’t reaching the audience they should be.

Also my name is Cam, Dom if you’re seeing this…thanks for everything - this community is rooting for you and the apps success.

Let me know what you think below!

20 Likes

I love this idea!

1 Like

@dom just an idea, would love to know what you think!

Pretty good idea

1 Like

Sounds like a really cool idea :raised_hands:

1 Like

Still really into this idea…

I almost forgot about this, but same! It’s a sick idea and one that could really help people find new content from less known people

2 Likes

I hope this is an idea that happens!

2 Likes

This is a unique idea I have never thought of, such a cool idea

2 Likes

@dom is this possible?

1 Like

hoping dom sees this before it gets lost in the flood of posts that will be coming in within the next couple days haha.

1 Like

im a fan.

2 Likes

We can just bump it

2 Likes

still have another hour until I can post another thread…pretty excited to share what I thought of…stay tuned :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very cool

1 Like

This is a good idea.

Playlist could be made after a week or more of the app being released and be named “#UpcomingArtists.” Then show artists who are starting to gain a following.

I can see it now :smiley:

1 Like

This way users can also follow or unfollow certain category pages that they wish to. And not only get to see vines that break trending or popular, but ones that had the potential to…but just needed an extra push.

2 Likes

I assume something like “editor’s picks” will be incorporated into v2

3 Likes

Love this idea. Similar to having that ‘staff picked’ icon on Vimeo ideos

2 Likes

Do you mean curators as staff members hand picking the content. Cause that’s what I was trying to say. When the app first comes out, there is going to be a huge serge in vines. So I understand what you are saying. Maybe this would be good for an update down the line