Categories and hashtags

I believe that the app has too many categories and planned to have more. However, to be realistic some of these categories will be watched by small amount of people. I think the categories can be decreased and be more general. For example, animation could include fxs and edits. Style could include both style and make-up. And the more specific contents should be in hashtags. The hashtags can be separated in two sections inside of it as: popular and latest so that the hashtags will act as categories but only people who is interested in that content will reach it. I know hashtags such as like4like, rebyte4rebyte will be abused but at the end adding hashtags add more oppurtinty to this app.

Edit: Some popular hashtags can be shown at the bottom of the app, so we can have challenges from hashtags too.

2 Likes

Also, some people want furry category which I think it will make some people not to download this app.( I don’t want to offend anyone but that’s what I think will happen). So furry thing can be hashtag that only whoever interested can watch.

1 Like

I assume they could go for a partner program that covers all kinds of byters, and trust them with adding new hashtags to some sort of menu. So, like, you choose a channel to post to and then you get also to pick something more specific from a cloud of tags.

Even then abuse can be a thing, but let’s just lead by example, and report real bad stuff.
:blep:

1 Like

Also, this

3 Likes

I don’t think Hashtags can happen but Furry Categories in Explore tab might happen.

Hashtags are maybe in future versions of byte app maybe in v2.x.x or v3.x.x or 4.x.x

From,
Teablu.

Still I don’t believe furry should be categorie. I doesn’t make sense, it’s too specific. Categories should be general. On the other hand the furry category will probably make some users leave the app. So I think category’s should be general such as cosplay and specific things such as furry be a hashtag.

1 Like

i agree with you that there are many categories, but what I do object is combining animation with anime and edits.

Animation should be for “original” animation, meaning animators making original content, and anime and any type of edits should be under Edit. There should be two different categories because they are different. I personally would like to see Original Content, and right now the Animation Category is filled with anime edits (which I have no problem with, besides the fact they should be in a different category), when I want to see some creative, original animation artists.

1 Like

Nah I Think Furry Should be Category Because 1 or 2 that Actual Furries are Invending the app. but also Cosplay Should be Saperate Category because Cosplay is Different from Fursuiting it more feels like you put beauty make up or some character like Security Guard and ETC… into face reather then like Actual Fursuiting. so it should be saperate Categories + Hashtag shouldn’t be used as that manifuelates TikTok’s Feature. You’ll get what I’m saying so far about this Explore Tab.

From,
Teablu.

I mean, you guys now that you can also post on it’s own without a category right?
If furries don’t fit in any category, you shouldn’t force them into one. If it’s a comedic thing it can still go to comedy, a fuirsuiter singing would still go on music. But puttinf fursuits in pets has nothing to do with nothing.

2 Likes

There will soon be a Cosplay channel where the furries can post their bytes.

1 Like

Re: Animation including edits, yeah no. There are so many edits that it completely drowns out all original animation, in fact i only started seeing original animation making it to trending after anime was made a separate category. Because of the pure volume of edits being made without original animation having its own category any original animation will just get piled under 30 edits.

I still think the best solution is to either have sub categories, or to allow us to reorganize the categories+hide the ones we dont care about under a “see all”.

For example, I really like animation and pets so I would put those at the top of my list, next I would have things like anime and comedy, and i would hide categories like fashion and music, etc

And there, after reorganizing+hiding my list is only 10 categories, and everything I don’t care about is hidden without needing to take those categories away from the people who do care about them.

2 Likes

Still it is not a general category so it should be a hashtag when the hashtags are out. However, till the hashtags released, it could be a category but since we have too much categories I don’t think we need any.

1 Like

I told it as an example. Depending on which category is more general, the specific categories can be deleted when the hashtags are out. If, the existing category is already general, it can stay. On the other hand, being able to rearrange the categories is a good idea. However, if there would be limit on how much you can show in the explore page, people will start to complain about it.

nah, I wasn’t suggesting any sort of limit, just the option of hiding any we don’t care under a readmore for in addition to being able to arrange them, but giving people the option to leave all of them visible if you want, ya know?

1 Like

@TomWho Nah I Think Cosplay should be a Saperate Category from the Furry ones… Because Cosplay is Completely Different from Let’s Say Fursuiting it don’t sound right. Cosplay Should more be like A Saperate Category where They do Makeups and Pretend Characters like for example: Steven Universe, Five Nights at Freddy’s Security Guard, and Chinese Drama… etc. sort of thing. But Furries they are more suit in the Saperate Furry Categories because it’s Fursuiting and Shooting Awesome Videos. That Cosplayer Kinda Lacks. if you know you know.

PS: ~The More You Know~

From,
Teablu.

1 Like

Still they wear a furry suit so it is a cosplay ? There can’t be category for every cosplay character.

1 Like

Yeah but it Should. I’m Feeling it.

From,
Teablu.

1 Like

It would be go better with hashtag, like other cosplay characters and then all of them can be combined in the cosplay category. However, it is still the team’s call, they will decide what’s better.

1 Like

Okay Yeah I Think This is Dom & his Staff’s Decision let’s just wait what happens.

From,
Teablu.

1 Like

there’s a good reason why /cgl is a thing

1 Like