Can't select channel if using text tool in latest beta (Android)

I went to post a Byte this morning and spent some time getting some text overlaid on the video, but when I went to the post-processed screen and attempted to select a channel I was unable to. This only happens if there’s text laid over the video. I’m also unable to download the video (top right button) to pull the text-laden video and reupload – it tells me to wait for the video to start playing even though it is.

See a screen capture of what happens here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lQKUz_dx1b3GFx6v4YjEOe-EA0N-qldc.

I tried force closing, clearing cache etc to no avail. I’m on Android 10, Byte v1.2.2.

5 Likes

Having the same issue. I can’t even post if I have text overlays using the byte cam. Not sure if it have the same issue with uploads tho.

2 Likes

Mine was an upload, so it’s likely in both cases :sob:.

Dang, hope this gets fixed fast. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m on an S10 on android 10 on Byte beta 1.2.2 and I had the same issue with the byte I posted yesterday. Tried posting from the post button in the category and using the main post button, but when ever I added text using the tool i’m unable to chose any category. Tried force quitting and restarting nut got the same problem.

I used the description in the end and posted without text which worked fine.

2 Likes

AHH I have this issue! I’d call this a major bug given the new focus on channels tbh :sob:

1 Like

I am also having this problem with Android. Ended up losing a really great clip trying to deal with it, too.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue on my Samsung S9+, Android 10.

I would also like to add that I cannot post videos with text overlays. The app considers the video “not completely loaded”, which could also explain the inability to select a channel.

1 Like

Same issue. Reported it way long ago

1 Like

To add on to the bug I mentioned, I could remove the overlay and then post the video within a channel; however, the overlay previously deleted unintentionally appears.

2 Likes

This bug still exists.

Version 1.2.6

2 Likes

had the same issue on saturday. thought i was going to lose the shots i took.

tried removing the text (and also the beats as not sure what stopped me from selecting a channel, as well as posting and uploading the vid).

then i could post and download the vid.

v1.2.6

1 Like

Bumping again because this is a horrible bug? Wasnt fixed in latest beta, this is still occurring for me. Posting is almost completely impossible now with use of text tool (which is mainly what new people like to use)

2 Likes

+1, can confirm that this is still an issue in 1.2.7. I miss using this tool :confused: .

2 Likes