Can you make your Byte account private?

Is it possible to make my account on the app private so only my current followers can see it? Or is deactivating the only way to remove it from public view?

9 Likes

You’re byte or forum account?

2 Likes

The account on the app, but I don’t think that’s an available feature right now.

6 Likes

Yeah I was about to say I seen here on the forum dom’s profile is hidden so thats what i thought he meant. But no no such feature on byte yet. Would be nice sometimes for many reasons.

2 Likes

Byte should consider adding private features :man_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Maybe, but this isn’t the kind of app that does that, I think once we get big enough it will happen though.

1 Like

Well the app needs a private mode now. For the first time I need it because I’m being targeted on Twitter and Instagram by homophobes going through my Byte account.

7 Likes

It would be nice to have a private mode like Twitter does so followers can still see content while others can’t.

2 Likes

there seems to be quite a lot of boys on byte who haven’t passed the mental age of 14 and still think attack helicopter and gay jokes are funny. even if you don’t consider them offensive they are just painfully unfunny and overdone at this point

8 Likes

that is so terribly illiterate.
We live in the 21st century… And the world is full of idiots :weary:
Im so sorry, I am ashamed and angry about such people. :cry:

3 Likes

ah, i see now. i’m really sorry this is happening to you, tom. we’ll work through what it would take to build some privacy features and come back with more details. if you can shed a little more light over DM it would help us understand what we need to build

15 Likes

Wtf its 2020, really?! I’m sorry you’re going through that…

1 Like

A lot of us from the lgbtq community here on byte are being targeted. I know everyone gets hate here and there whilst on social media platforms. But it’s been happening constantly now and it’s really sad and makes my experience here less enjoyable unfortunately. I can’t believe Tom is being targeted off of byte as well. That’s so scary and sad that people want to target someone for being gay and will go to extreme levels to even intimidate others. Homophobia is real and I don’t know why I thought it wouldn’t happen on byte. I love this place, and everyone on here for the most part is so amazing and supportive of each other! However, those 1,2,3 comments A DAY talking about your sexuality on your own videos (as if it is a BAD THING) can really trigger someone, especially if it’s something they’ve been picked on for their whole entire life. I’m here for you @TomWho as I am here for everyone else! We are stronger in numbers and I hope this can be resolved ASAP because love wins and HATE loses, periodt.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re all experiencing such malice. Although I can’t help with the technical aspect, what can the general community do to support you guys other than report such behavior?

1 Like